Chapter 27 - Last Comrade Before Collapse

30. October 2061 12:47, SF outpost at sector E24

"Vanguard" squad members just took control over SF outpost, that was at their way.

"Take everything, that can be useful." ordered Mikel through earpiece

Right after this everyone started to seek for useful items. All over the outpost were Sangvis' dead dolls, weapons and resources, that this outpost have gathered. Suddenly Mikel's attention got paper map at one of desks. When he started to examine it, Eora and STAR came closer with curiosity.

"Did you found something useful?" asked STAR

"No. It's just this map - it's from times between end of WWIII and Butterfly Incident. I think, that it was made around 2049, because some cities are printed as rebuilt, but most of them are still just a ruins." Mikel answered

"Ahhh, Kalisz. So close to my home..." he added after a while

"Is that so?" asked Eora

"Not really. My home is over 100 kilometers away, still I'm closest to it since Butterfly Incident."

"So maybe someday we will go there together?" 

Eora's question made Mikel slightly confused, but he smiled and answered:

"Why not. We can go there after destroying Elisa."

"Leader, we didn't found anything useful." 

SASS' voice interrupted their dreaming, making them leave that map at table and start going towards their APC.

"Understood, gather near our vehicles." Mikel answered when going down the stairs

Few moments later everyone was at their vehicles, moving out from empty outpost.

"We will stay at nearest town for dinner." said Mikel

"Roger that." answered Oleksandra

After around 10 minutes they reached town, that name was "Popow", or rather with that name at overturned and broken sign. Mikel decided to stop near ruins of restaurant. It's roof didn't exist, but somehow tables and chairs survived the war, so when M4A1 and RO saw that, they decided to inform others about it. In no time everyone began to clean the room, while RO were making dinner.

Mikel and STAR in other hand went toward shops, few meters away from restaurant. There weren't any useful thing at them, so they just walked past every of them. Suddenly STAR stopped in front of one without any signboard.

"What's going on?" asked Mikel

"I think, that I saw something at there." answered STAR and went inside

That shop wasn't too big, moreover there were a lot of overturned shelves, that made walking around much harder. 

"Hey, STAR what exactly did you saw?"

"Something, that was moving behind one of shelf."

When STAR realised, that she can't just walk over shelves, she began to lift them.

"Let me help you." said Mikel

Surprisingly shelves were very heavy and hard to move, but finally after 2 minutes they managed to make way for one person, while other one had to hold the shelves.

"Here you go, STAR!" 

She quickly slipped between shelf and wall and when she was on the other side of store, Mikel let shelves fall, because he wasn't strong enough to hold them for long amount of time.

"Do you see thing, that you came for?" he asked

"I will need your help here too. I will lift them once again and you will come here, OK?"