14 | home

man, oh man, your my best friend

                                                                    I'd scream into the nothingness

No no no. This was bad, very bad. At this point Heather is asleep on my shoulder and now she is a suspect for murder.

"Heather Stark?" the newscaster asks, shocked, "could you please elaborate?"

"You see, Heather's father died not that long ago, I'm sure you've all heard," Rosie starts to explain, "but when my brother was about to die, he was sent to a nursing home instead. She was mad, I know, I saw her a few days after the funeral. She must have done it as some kind of balance thing. If Iron Man died, why should Captain America live?"

The man nodded his head to her story, "But how are you so sure it was her. You have no proof."

"Well nobody knows where she was that night. Ask Pepper Potts, she will say Heather was with me, but I haven't seen her since the funeral."

The news guys nodded and stood up, then walked off screen. A police officer came back in with him as they called Pepper.

I was pretty sure this counted as legal business that wouldn't be done on live television but I doubt they care right now. It's an interesting story, and I was sure everyone watching was engrossed in this.

"Hello, this is Pepper Potts, how can I help you?" was heard over the speaker from the police's phone.

"Ma'am, this is Sheriff Stitcher speaking. I need to ask you a few questions on behalf of the Global News Station." he started, "first being, do you know where Heather Stark was the night of Steve Rogers death?"

"She was with Rosie Rodgers. She had been gone since her birthday a few nights before and we didn't get her back until a week later." Pepper told them.

"Right, thank you," the police said, "I think that is all we need for now." And then he hung up.

Rosie was right, Proper had said she was with her, and Rosie now told everyone that she was definitely not with Heather. Liar.

Heather was then the main suspect for the murder and the sheriff said that if anyone found her, the bounty would be a hundred thousand dollars. Dead or alive.

Wonderful. We gotta get out of here right now.

I shook Heather awake but she was hardly conscious, still drunk. "Hmmmm, what?" she mumbled.

"We gotta get out of here, let's go," I told her.

I wrapped her arm around my neck and started to head for the door. I waved to the woman behind the counter and thanked her quickly. Hopefully she didn't see the news.

I ran out as fast as I could considering I was dragging Heather around. Where would we even stay for now? Was anywhere safe?

I spotted a parking garage. It was freezing outside and we had nothing to keep warm with, but it would have to do for now.

I lugged her over and literally carried her up five flights of stairs. Lots of cars means lots of places to hide, perfect.

"Here we go," I said, setting Heather down on the ground, "now go to sleep." I commanded.

I sat down next to her, and she turned over to me. She patted my face, "Aww Petey," she said. Definitely felt a little uncomfortable. "Look at you and your cute ass mad face."

She has no idea what she is saying. It's not helping that I had a major crush on her. Thanks, Heaz.

Then she started singing again. I slapped my hand over her mouth. She made a noise as if to ask me why I did it.