17 | if the world was ending

would you love me for the hell of it?

                                                                  all our fears would be irrelevant

I've never hurried somewhere faster than I was dashing this car to get Heather to safety. Before I had the chance to think of what direction I was going, to make the decisions of what turn to make, I was driving into the barrier that guarded Wakanda.

I knew it was there, because when I tried to get past it, the car bounced off of it, and I could see the ripple of the blue bubble.

It opened up after a minute though, and I could see the city right in front of me. The modern buildings stretching high into the sky, shining with a blue tint on each one. Although it was beautiful, I'd have to take time to admire it later, because all I was worried about now was getting into one of the glittering buildings to find help.

I parked the car outside of the city and picked up Heather. I didn't have to go into any building, because once I walked up to the entrance of the city, I was greeted by people I knew, and others I didn't.

I saw T'Challa, Shuri, and Dora Milaje, all of whom I had fought with, but never had a proper introduction to. Which in turn, meant that they knew me as Spider-Man, not Peter Parker.

"Who are you?" Shuri stepped up and asked.

"I'm Peter Parker," I said, "you all know me as Spider-Man, and this is Heather, Mr. Stark's daughter. She was hot, and we are in a lot of danger, we need your help." I tried to sum up everything as briefly as I could.

"Why should we help you?" Okoye, the leader of the Dora Milaje, asked, "Has she not been wanted for murder for the past week?"

How do I explain this fast enough? "It is very complicated, but she didn't kill anyone, and she is about to die, please help me." I begged.

"Fine, but you must explain everything to us if we help her."

"Of course, yes, yes," I stumbled out as fast as I could.

"Shuri, call the doctors to come and get her," Okoye instructed and soon I was helping to put her into some kind of ambulance.

~~~~~

I was running behind as tons of doctors dragged Heather on a bed with wheels through the double doors and into an operating room. I was sitting outside of one room, waiting for someone to tell me what they were going to do to her, when she had been rushed out and on to another room.

I struggled to keep up with everyone and was way behind. "Wait! Please, what are you doing to her!?" I yelled.

The doors slammed shut in front of my face. I pulled on the handles, but no matter how much I tried, they wouldn't budge. I walked away from the door, pacing around the entrance, pulling at my hair apprehensively.

I felt someone put their hand on my shoulder and I jumped a little, I didn't think anybody else was in with me. I turned around to see Shuri, "Didn't mean to scare you, but I need you to tell me what the two of you are doing here." she said.

"Okay, okay, I-I, I just need to know what will happen to Heather, then I'll tell you," I bargained.

She nodded, "Sit down," I did as she instructed and sat in one of the chairs in the hospital hallway. They weren't like the normal stiff chairs that were in all the hospitals I'd been to, they were blue tinted glass with metal frames. Not sure what else I expected from Wakanda. "They found the bullet close to her hip, they need to do surgery to get it out. She'll be out in an hour or so, but she won't be able to walk for a few days because of it. We are having a room set up for her in the main building and there will be a nurse that will come each day."