15 Days Left

SATURDAY, DECEMBER 16th

Katsuki Bakugo POV:

After y/n woke me up, the brat begged for us to go to a book store. I rather sleep in, but I gave in when she said she'd finally hold up her end of the bargain. A few weeks ago we agreed she will buy me the 7th volume of Maid Sama in exchange for studying with her before finals. I thought she forgot all about our deal.

It was a lengthy walk, but eventually, we ended up at my favorite local bookshop. My parents have been taking me here ever since I was a little lad.

The owners always made sure to have candles lit to match the seasons. Since it's December, it smelt of gingerbread and roasted chestnuts.

I'm pretty sure the owners are big manga readers. They always manage to have the newest issues of all the popular mangas, despite being a small business.

Y/n leads us to the romance manga section. She drags her finger across each of the books and she quietly says "Maid, maid, maid, maid..." repeatedly to herself. Her eyes pop and she snatches up the last one in that volume. She clenches the book against her chest. "Do you want me to buy you volume 8, too?"

"Duh." I mean who would refuse a free book?

"Now is that anyone to talk to someone who's spoiling you?" She attempts to tease.

"You're not spoiling me. You owe me volume 7. You're just being nice and buying volume 8." I flick her forehead.

She huffs and grabs the next 10 volumes of Maid Sama. She passes them off to me and grabs all 13 volumes of Ao Haru Ride / Blue Spring Ride.

"Is there anything else you want, princess?" She displays sass to me.

I held back my tongue and stay quiet.

"Alright, let's head to the register."

"Wait." I drop the books off at the nearest table, I take the ones from y/n's hands, and stack them together. "Y/n-chan, how do you expect to pay for all of this? Your shit parents don't give you any money, and you don't work."

She looks around the room and stammers a bit before answering. "Uh, well, so, me and Todoroki were talking at my birthday, and we both had the same amazing idea. You what they say 'great minds think alike.'"

'Talking after their makeout session. What does he want to lock lips even more?'

She sees my annoyed expression and tries to make the situation better. "You know his dad is a pro hero, so obviously this can't be that bad of an idea."

"Spit it out, y/n."

She took a deep breath before blurting out, "I stole my moms credit card earlier this month."

A small smirk creeps onto my face. "Dumbass."

Her jaw drops hit the floor. "Wait, you're not mad?"

"Not at all." I embrace her. "You did good, y/n-chan. If your parents give you any shit, then come to me immediately, and we'll deal with them together." They better not or else they'll have to deal with me.

She wraps her hands around my body and lays her head against my chest. "Thank you, Kacchan." She feels so warm and smells of vanilla, a soft dream.

When we separate from our intimate interaction, a wrinkly hag approaches us.

"Aw, young love at its finest. How long have you two youngsters been together?" She clasps her hands together with a sweet smile.

Y/n laughed. "We-"

I cut off y/n-chan. "She's my best friend. Nowhere near being a couple."

"Oh." Y/n begins to play with her fingers. Without a second thought, she says, "Yeah, we've been best friends since 5 years old."

I can tell she's getting nervous. Y/n's no good with new people, and the old fart saying we look like a couple is no help.

"Mmm, you cuties say your friends, but I know love when I see it." She points to be and her.

'She's right, we do love each other. At least, ... I love her. I thought she loved me, but she moved on to Kirishima. Fuck, I wish I knew what she was thinking or how she felt.'

"I'll be off. I have to go buy this novel for my husband." She lifts her shaky hand to the side of her mouth and whispers, "Don't tell him I told you this, but he loves romance novels." She waves goodbye and walks to the cash register.

'Maybe the wrinkly hag isn't that bad. I kind of hope y/n and I turn out like her and her husband.'

I grab a stack of mangas and ask her a question. "Wanna read in my room after you pay?"

"Only if you make mini blueberry pancakes."

"Deal." She gives me a bright smile, which makes my heart flutter. "I wish we could be on winter break forever." She kind of trails off at the end and seems a little sad. I guess school makes her that unhappy, or I make her so happy she wants to spend every day with me.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

Dear Katsuki,
Today has been amazing! I bought you two manga series, and I got lucky enough to have some of your mini blueberry pancakes and read in your room. Hey Katsuki, in case I never get to say it to you in person, I love you. Thank you. <33

𝓑𝓾𝓬𝓴𝓮𝓽 𝓵𝓲𝓼𝓽

1. D̶o̶ ̶s̶o̶m̶e̶t̶h̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶i̶l̶l̶e̶g̶a̶l̶
2. See fireworks
3. H̶a̶v̶e̶ ̶m̶y̶ ̶f̶i̶r̶s̶t̶ ̶k̶i̶s̶s̶
4. Lose my virginity
5. C̶e̶l̶e̶b̶r̶a̶t̶e̶ ̶m̶y̶ ̶b̶i̶r̶t̶h̶d̶a̶y̶
6. W̶a̶t̶c̶h̶ ̶a̶ ̶s̶c̶a̶r̶y̶ ̶m̶o̶v̶i̶e̶ ̶w̶i̶t̶h̶o̶u̶t̶ ̶c̶r̶y̶i̶n̶g̶
7. Go stargazing
8. H̶a̶v̶e̶ ̶a̶ ̶s̶l̶e̶e̶p̶o̶v̶e̶r̶ ̶w̶i̶t̶h̶ ̶K̶a̶c̶c̶h̶a̶n̶
9. Drink alcohol
10. Learn to ride a bike

__
A/N:

word count: 964