CHAPTER FOUR : HAUNTED

MARIO BROTHER'S RESIDENCE : PRESENT TIME

Mario sat on his bed as he continued to ponder. He was regretting his choice of running now. His friends now know something is up, and they will try their best to help. "I can't let them do that." Mario spoke. It was his choice to leave them, he needs to stop them from finding out at any costs. "All alone again Mayro?" A voice speaks out. "You again" Mario replied in a cold tone. Overtime, Mario's doubts and fears had taken a physical appearance to torment him far more effectively than that of the voices in his head. The form that was taken was none other than Desti, Meggy's friend and rival that they failed to save on anime island during the war, a walking manifestation of his failures. "Oh? Why the cold tone? Don't you miss me Maria? I bet Meggy does." She laughs crudely. "You aren't-a even real, nor were we-a ever friends." Mario stated once more in a cold tone. "How mean~" She teases. "QUIET! I NEED TO-A THINK AND-A I CAN'T-A DO IT WITH-A YOU ANNOYING-A ME!" He yelled with raging eyes. Desti didn't falter, in fact she moved closer. "Even so, you still want me here don't you? Otherwise I would've just poofed into thin air. But why is that? Perhaps you WANT your doubts around?" She laughs again, taking several more steps closer. "You are-a dangerously close to me you-a know." Mario proceeds to stand up and move towards the living room. "Why can't you look me in the eye? Is it because you watched me die?" Mario keeps walking. "I didn't want to die then and there y'know." Mario froze in place, he slowly turned his head to face Desti. His eyes were dead and empty as if he had given up on life itself, his expression was unreadable. A long silence took place between the two. "Another thing in my life I failed to stop." Mario turns around, staring at a picture of him and his brother smiling widely with their arms slung over each other. "I guess it's time to drop the stupid act now." At those words, Desti smiled. "Heh. I guess you finally get it now, don't you? Take care Mario." Desti fades out of existence. Mario feels as if a weight has been lifted. "I guess I do get it." Mario smiles at the photo he was looking at before. "Yes, I think it's time I start being honest around here." Mario walks towards the door, his worries gone for now. But one thing is set in stone, he will always have the feeling of being haunted.

GOD ALMIGHTY! I'm finally done! Okay several things I'm going to say. One: Ax0l's part of the story will take place three days before Mario's and Melony's, on the day of his funeral. Two: Desti is not gone. She is as said, a hallucination. She will actively appear when Mario has a mental episode. Three: Meggy and others will have more chapters BUT are less important compared to the main three! Four: I will ALWAYS do Ax0l's chapter as long as possible, and I will always make sure everyone else's chapters are out before his. (Take it as a reward for dealing with my bullshit no jutsu) Anyway! Enjoy your day!