Everything that you've ever dreamed of
Disappearing when you wake up
But there's nothing to be afraid of
Even when the night changes
It will never change me and you

- Night Changes by One Direction

TW: death, slight mention of blood, if you're sensitive to medical things you might want to skip the last part?

"Yeah, I'm fi-"

00:00:00:46:21

Jeno groaned, his hand immediately reaching for his head as he felt a throbbing pain.

He gasped and doubled over on the side of the bed, vomiting into a bucket one of the nurses had left on the beside table.

Just as he sat up again, a nurse walked into the room, rushing over to him.

She took the bucket away and came back a second later, grabbing the clipboard from the small pocket at the foot of his bed.

"Good, you're awake." She said as she headed over to him, messing with a few tubes that were injected into him from all directions.

"Where am I?" He asked. The place was relatively familiar but he hadn't been to hospitals often enough to know for sure where he was.

"Seoul General Hospital. Now Mr. Lee, I'm going to give you a bit of information on what happened." She said as she picked up the clipboard again.

"As you probably already know, you were involved in a severe car accident a few hours ago. There was much internal bleeding and several other minor injuries that are listed here." She said as she handed him a page on her board.

"There are three people waiting for you in the lobby, however we will need to wait a full thirty minutes after you wake up, or twenty minutes now, before we can let anyone into see you. I'll go over recovery procedures in a little bit."

Jeno nodded. He already had an idea of who those three people were, as they were the only ones who really cared about him in the first place.

Besides his parents, but it was impossible to fly over three countries in such a short amount of time.

"Now before I leave, I'm going to take a small sample of your blood just to run a few tests." She said as she picked up a small needle.

Jeno nodded, holding out his arm. Out of the corner of his eye, he saw Jaemin appear and sighed as the nurse continued drawing blood. Once she left, he looked over at him.

"Why are you here?" He asked coldly.

"Easy, we've known each other your whole life and you still treat me like this sometimes?"

"Shut up." Jeno groaned. "Why are you here? Can't you at least wait until I actually die before you annoy me?"

"Relax Jeno." The angel said as he held up his hands. "I'm not here to harass you, I'm here to offer you a little trick."

The human thought for a second before raising an eyebrow. "Fine, but tell me what it is first."

"Well I'm not going to sugarcoat it. As you can see, you're going to die in half an hour." He stared blankly as he gestured at the numbers on his chest.