十八

I want someone who love me
I need someone who needs me
'Cause it don't feel right
when it's late at night
And it's just me in my dreams
So I want someone to love,
that's what I fucking want

- THATS WHAT I WANT by Lil Nas X

"Find a date for that."

Jaemin considered the thought for a second before he groaned and slumped down in the chair.

"What's wrong?" Lyria asked as she looked at the prince's state.

"It's custom for the members of the royal family to appear with their Protected and show a romantic gesture such as a kiss." He said grudgingly.

"The only people allowed to be excused are the King and Queen, and the royal member up for coronation as they are supposed to find a partner at the coronation ball."

Lyria furrowed her brows. "That's so stupid though." She protested.

"It is a bit unnecessary, but it's been the tradition in Nowhere since forever." He agreed with a sigh.

The teen hummed. "Is there really no way you can be excused?" She asked.

Jaemin shook his head. "Only if I was in a committed relationship of at least six months, which I'm not." He replied.

"But what about Renjun and Jeno then? They've been in a committed relationship for more than six months haven't they?" She questioned.

"They have," Jaemin said. "However the rule doesn't account for humans and just two years ago it was still a rule that angels had to marry their Protected, so the whole coronation rule wasn't properly modified either." He explained.

"Can't the rule just be changed?" Eve asked.

The prince shook his head again. "Ratifying a rule takes at least two to three weeks and the ball is in one."

Lyria groaned as she leaned over the arm of the chair, her hair barely brushing against the ground as Eve leaned over from her chair and stared at her older sister.

"It's dumb I know, but I can't do anything about it." Jaemin said, rubbing his temples.

"Well then I suggest you make sure both Jeno ge and Renjun ge are completely comfortable and aware that this will happen." Lyria said, crossing her legs.

"You wouldn't want them to hate you or anything, though I don't think they could ever do so."

Jaemin sighed. "Yeah. Anyways, I should get going now." He said as he got up from the chair. After saying good bye, he exited the mansion.

On the way back to the palace, he rehearsed how he was going to bring up the whole coronation tradition to Jeno and Renjun.

"Hey guys, by the way, I'm in love with both of you and Jun I need to kiss your boyfriend because tradition." He said sarcastically before letting out a small groan.

I guess I just have to put it out there, he thought as he rested his head against the window. No matter how he said it, the entire topic in general was strange and uncomfortable.

Might as well just get it over with quickly.

By the time he was back at the palace, he was informed that both Jeno and Renjun were in Jeno's room.