Back Story

~1924~

You, Bucky, and Steve are playing in your front yard with a ball.
"Pass it over here!" Little Bucky says to little Steve.
"Here you go!" Steve says as he runs and tosses the ball to Bucky.
"My turn my turn!" You say as laughing and Bucky who passes it to you.
The 3 of you continue to play, laugh, and run until the street light turn on and it was time to go home.
"Good night y/n. Good night Steve!" Bucky says as he waves goodbye and heads to the house across the street from yours.
"See you guys tomorrow." You say and wave.
"Bye!" Steve says as he walks down to the house beside Bucky's and walks in the door.
"Come inside y/n. Time for bed." Your mother says at the doorway.
"Coming!" You say holding the ball and bring it inside with you.

~1934~

You three are now 16 and in high school.
You walk home with your books in hand enjoying the beautiful weather when a boy from school who is a year older than you comes running up behind you and slaps the books out of your hands and laughs.
"You're such a nerd!" He yells and points.
You kneel down to pick up the books. The boy goes to kick you when Bucky come up from behind you and punches him, making his nose bleed.
"Leaver her alone!" Bucky yells getting ready to punch the boy again.
"Forget it. She's not worth it." He says covering his bloody nose and walks away.
Scrawny Steve comes running towards you.
"You okay y/n?" Bucky says and grabs one of the books to help you.
"I am now. Thank you Buck." You say still kneeling down grabbing the last book.
Bucky stands up and reaches out his hand to help you up. You happily take it and stand up.
You smile at him.
"Come on. I'll take you home." He says and walks beside you.
"How's your hand?" Steve says from behind.
"Oh, it's fine." He says looking at his red knuckles.
"My hero." You say smiling and give him a playful nudge.
"I'll always protect you. We will always protect you." Bucky says pulling Steve in between you two on the sidewalk.

~1943~

The three of you are now 25 and have been in the army for 3 years now. Of course you had to work hard to be there since you are a women in 1940's, but you fought and won. You are the best sniper, the busy marksmanship. You never miss your target.
You are in the 107th legion with Bucky while Steve became Captain America and is doing photo shots and is talking to every legion in the army.
You became very close to Bucky doing small missions together in the army and completing each one.
"Hurry up Bucky or we will miss Steve's speech!" You say running while holding his hand, dragging him behind you.
"Yea don't want to miss that." Bucky says and starts to run with you towards the stage at the base.
You manage to squeeze your way through the crowd to get to the front just in time for Steve to go on.

After Steve is done is speech you and Bucky clap and woo him in excitement when everyone else stays silent and breaks off to go their separate way away from the stage. You and Bucky walk up to Steve in his Captain America outfit.
"That was great Steve." You looking up to him.
"Nice outfit man." Bucky says with a small laugh and you playfully fit him in the chest.
"I know... get it over with come on." Steve says taking off the helmet.
"I'm not sure what you mean." You say trying not to smile.
"All the jokes. Get them out." Steve continues.
"We don't have any. Seriously." You say and Steve looks at both of you with a grin.
"You did good up there." Bucky says. "Still can't get use to the fact that you are taller then us now." He laughs.
"Yea no kidding. You are like what? Two heads taller than me now?" You say laughing. "I still can't believe the experiment worked."
"Oh trust me it worked." Peggy says coming up from behind Steve.
"Hey Peggy." You say with a smile and hug her.
"How my favourite soldier." She says and hugs her back.
"Hey!" Steve and Bucky say together.
"Are you kidding? The army could use more of her skill sets." Peggy says with a wink.
"Why thank you Agent Carter. See, someone can spot talent." You say and do a quick spin and laugh.
"Come inside you three. I need to show you something." Peggy says and you all follower her inside a building.
You walk up to a table with a map on it and also see Mr. Stark.
"Well isn't it the 2 most beautiful ladies in the army. How've you been?" Howard asks walking up to the table.
"Hi Mr. Stark." You say smiling.
"Please, call me Howard." He insists.
"We heard rumours that the Nazis is transporting weapons on a train through the mountains North from here at 10pm tonight." Peggy says point at the map.
"Is there a mission?" You ask excitingly.
"Yes but not one that we can get approval for. This is deep in Nazis territory. The second we set foot cross the enemy line we will have a full arson on us." Howard adds.
"So we don't set foot." You say looking at Howard. "You can fly a plane right?" You say with a grin.