Ch. 70 - Polaroids and Pectorals

It was a restless night for Hunter as he contemplated what to do. He knew he didn't need to make up his mind just yet, but if he could just get one thing he was stressing about out of his head and dealt with, he would take it. Actually getting the courage to do so was the problem.

Hunter had tossed and turned all night and woke up from his sleep many times. Every time his eyes had abruptly opened, he always had the comforting pale gold staring back at him, calming Hunter down and helping him fall back asleep.

Zekaj had heard the panicky thoughts in Hunter's head as he fell asleep and the occasional one that slipped from his dreams. He knew Hunter needed him and his cuddles now and for him to listen later.

After staying up the whole night cuddling Hunter and lulling him back to sleep whenever he woke up, he felt the slim human stir in his arms.

Looking down, Zekaj saw only the blond's hair as he had his face pressed up into his chest, just how both of them liked it.

Hunter lifted his face as the black hairs on Zekaj's chest brushed against his face as he looked up into the glowing eyes of his loving mate. Zekaj smiled down at him and Hunter's tired frown went up in a small smile, his eyes droopy from the lack of sleep.

"Go back to bed baby," Zekaj rubbed Hunter's back.

"Mmm, I wanna be up," Hunter whined, pressing his face back into Zekaj's chest.

"Oh, you do?" Zekaj quietly mumbled to Hunter.

The human cuddled into his chest didn't respond and Zekaj could feel the soft breaths against the hairs on his chest as Hunter fell back asleep. Tilting his head, Zekaj kissed the top of his mate's head.

Zekaj continued to rub Hunter's back as his mate slept well into the morning.

Hunter had managed to sleep for more than an hour at a time as it had been around four hours since he last woke up.

The demon couldn't help but take a peek into his mate's mind to hear what he was thinking.

The way the mind link worked was as if there was a small hallway with two doors at the end. One end had the door to Zekaj's mind and the other had Hunter's mind. They could keep the doors closed if they wanted to keep their thoughts to themselves and one could send a thought to the other even with the other's door closed, it was up to them to answer the door's "buzzer." Then the two doors would open up and the mindlink was open.

Hunter had a habit of leaving the door cracked open on accident, allowing for Zekaj to take a peek right on into his head and hear most of his thoughts. Not that Zekaj was complaining and on the off chance Hunter had managed to close the door, the human always seemed to forget that a lot of doors had a little gap at the bottom.

From what he could hear, it sounded like Hunter had calmed down considerably since last night. His world was constantly being turned upside down so Zekaj was happy his mate had a little moment of peace to himself. Well, Hunter himself and his needy, possessive, super large demon boyfriend.

Hunter's brown eyes stared up into his, saying nothing but everything at the same time.

The two got up for the day, changing clothes and quickly getting back into bed cuddling again as Hunter read from Merlin's book in Zekaj's lap.

*****

Hunter and Zekaj were alone in the dining room for a late lunch, Zekaj and him shared a seat and plate. Zekaj scarfed down most of the food, but Hunter had gotten all he wanted.

"What do you want to do today?" Zekaj said, chewing his food.

Hunter decided not to mention that he shouldn't be talking with his mouth filled with food and instead said, "I don't know."