Chapter 10

Christmas came and went. Chucks family wasn't too thrilled at first and it wasn't until they left that his mother called to apologize. They were invited for a more private dinner between the four of them, so it's a start. Azriel kicks back on the sofa and flips through the television. Chuck brings over two mugs of hot chocolate with marshmallows and a bowl with chips.

"Babe later I'm going to a dorm party, wanna come?" Chuck snuggles against his boyfriend.

"Nah. I'm not much of a party guy. You go and have fun, just don't drink too much okay." Azriel finds a movie and they settle in to watch. It was not what they expected. Horror movies are not the same anymore.

Chuck cleans up the living room and heads to his room to get ready for the party. A pair of jeans and a long sleeve sweatshirt. Satisfied he heads out.

"Babe I'm out, I'll be back around 11 if not sooner." Chuck waits for Azriel to respond and locks the door.

The party is at full swing. Music is loud, everyone dancing, full bar, and a dj dancing way too hard on the turn table. Chuck finds his friends over by the bar.

"Waddup people!" Chuck walks up behind them.

"Ayyyy, slook whose it is. Thought you wasn't comin." Brad slurs while downing another shot.

" Yea man, what happened? You don't hang out anymore." Steve passes Chuck a beer bottle.

"I'm dating someone and it's serious." Chuck wants to tell them but is terrified. They have been friends since middle school but coming out to them is harder than coming out to his parents.

"Whaaaaat, whoa. When did this happen? Wait is that why you kicked out those guys from your dorm last semester?" Steven is quick on the up take.

"Yea but it was my boyfriend that kicked them out." Chucks heart sinks as the looks contort on their faces. Well I guess they don't accept it.

"Boyfriend? Haven't yous always been straight?" Brad sits down on the stool.

"I was until I met him and everything changed. Guys I think he is a keeper. I already introduced him to my parents. Sorry if you guys find it gross. I'll leave. Enjoy the party." Chuck turns on his heel.

"Hey don't go deciding what we feel. I don't care what you put in your mouth. I'm sure you can still kick my ass or anyone else. Which reminds me,  you hear about the sophomore that dropped out during midterm. His face was busted but when he was questioned he wouldn't say why. They found his dorm wrecked and his roommate said he wasn't there." Steve was obviously trying to change the subject not realizing he was talking about him and Tristan.

"Pfft, he dropped out? That's good to know." Chuck smiles ear to ear.

Brad jumps off the stool, "it was you!"

"What the... Chuck is that true? Why?" Steve pulls Chuck down onto he stool between him and Brad.

"He was my boyfriends best friend. However, that's something between them. I'm not at liberty to discus it. No one knows it was me so keep your mouth shut." They both nodded and continue drinking.

An hour into the party the girls are getting a bit crazy and the men are not any better. There is a mess everywhere. Spilled drinks, random pieces of clothing, and chips decorate the floor. Chuck grabs one more beer but spills it on the bar when someone pushed him from behind.

"Hey watch it....Emma?"

"Oh hi, paper guy!" Emma smiles. "Sorry, let me grab you another bottle." Emma walks behind the bar and grabs a bottle from a mini fridge. While being just out of the line of sight she slips something into his beer. "Here you go".

"Thanks, Im Chuck." He takes a big gulp and walks away.

It's now just pass midnight and Azriel keeps getting this sinking feeling. He throws on his coat and heads to the party. Azriel looks around and everyone is plastered while dancing. There was no sign of the party dying down.

"Hey aren't you Chucks rommie?"

"Yea, have you seen him?" Azriel has no idea who that guy is.

" Haven't seen him in a couple hours actually. Thought he left."

Worry crosses his face. Azriel decides to check all the room just in case. Two of them were locked, one was a bathroom, and another was a closet. Two rooms remain, Azriel opens the door and sees a woman touching a man that appears to be sleeping. "Babe what your doing here?" A very  intoxicated voice calls out to the woman and pulls her in for a kiss.

"CHUCK!" Azriel stomps into the room.

"Huh, why are there two of you?" Chuck starts laughing and then quickly turns over to throw up.

"Who the hell are you? Why did you come in here?" Emma is half naked with her skirt unzipped.

"I'm his boyfriend, what the hell is going on?" Azriel balls his fist resisting the urge to punch something.

"He's gay? Sure didn't act like it." Emma smirks her evil intent.

Azriel turns to leave Chuck there when she screamed.

"Help him!"

Azriel runs to the bed. Chuck is having a seizure. Foam is spilling from his mouth and his convulsions are violent. Azriel sticks his finger inside Chucks mouth so he doesn't bite his tongue and hold him on his side.

"Call 911" Azriel yells at the girl as she runs out the room.

Minutes later, Chucks friends runs inside and Azriel explains what happened.

"So, you're the boyfriend he was talking about. Thank God you're here because you're probably the only sober person here." Steve is pushed to the side when the paramedics walk in. They do all they could and tell Azriel to call family and meet at XX hospital.

Azriel calls Chucks parents and tells them what's happening on speaker phone. He is crying heavily trying to order a cab at the same time but his tears blur his vision. He arrives to the emergency room and is told to wait. A nurse steps out asking him to fill out as much paper work as possible while they run some test. Azriel stands to the side of the room trying to fill out all the informationas as best he could. His hands shaking, tears streaming non stop, he is a mess. A firm grasp on his shoulder catches his attention.

"How is my son, have they said anything?" Chucks mother joins Azriel in his cries and hugs him. Chucks father takes the paper and fills in whatever Azriel left blank.

"Wow, you know him a lot better than I thought. I only needed to add the insurance on here." Chucks father looks at his wife but his words fell on deaf ears. Her glare tells him that now was not the time and so he quietly walks away to hand over the paperwork.