Chapter 13

The new year ball has dropped. Snow is beginning to pile up and it's just after midnight. Everyone is gathered around Chuck telling stories and drinking hot chocolate. Azriel steps out the room and goes for a walk outside in the snow. The fresh air fills his lungs in an icy blast. Lord help me. In his pocket he fumbles with Chucks necklace that he wore the night of the party. I need to be strong. Chuck please wake up.

Vrr Vrr
Azriel checks his phone and reads a text from Chucks father.

Mr. Hearst: [We got her!]

Azriel makes a mad dash back into the hospital. Mr. Hearst was on the phone and signals Azriel to wait. He hangs up and with a smile walks up to an anxious Azriel.

"We got her. Apparently the drug Emma used she purchased from someone that was being watched by an undercover cop. The composition of the drug in Chucks system was a signature to that dealer. When confronted by the police he asked for a lesser charge in exchange for information. He confirmed she bought it the same day as the party. That, her finger prints on the bottle he was drinking, and Grace's story is enough to try her in court and win." Mr. Hearst said it so fast he lost his breath.

"Damn, we actually got the crazy batch. Now all we need is..." Azriel looks up at his father in law with a shaky lip.

"It'll be okay son." Mr. Hearst hugs him.

A week goes by. Everyday Azriel is there watching over Chuck. He wipes him down and adjust the sheets. He talks to him or reads him a book. Sometimes he even puts a movie on and sits next to him explaining what's happening in the movie.

Another week rolls by and the trial against Emma is about to begin in three days. Azriel lays his head next to Chuck and falls asleep to the beeping of the machine above him. His back slowly rises and falls with his deep breathing. A hand brushes over his head waking Azriel from his sleep. "Hey sleepy head" a dry raspy voice speaks barely above a whisper.

"CHUCK!" Azriel jumps up and kisses him with tears free falling on Chucks face. Chuck laughs into the kiss but quickly falls in sync to Azriels lips and slips his tongue in. Azriel moans and pulls away a little before he gets too excited. "Babe, welcome back" Azriel sighs into lips.

"How long was I out?" Chuck holds his breath waiting for Azriel to answer.

"Two weeks." Azriel brushs his nose against Chucks.

"How did I get here? The last thing I remember was Emma spilling my drink. She gave me a new one and after that I started feeling sick. Then I blacked out I guess." Chuck shrugged his shoulders unaware of how serious everything is.

"Okay, I'll explain what happened but first let me text your dad." Azriel pulls out his phone and begins frantically typing away.

"My dad? Since when do you guys talk?" Chucks face isn't comprehending the situation.

Azriels laughs, "ever since I saved your life and he accepted us."

Chucks eyes almost pop out of his head when the door flies open.

"Chuck! Oh my god, you're finally awake" Mr. Hearst runs to his son and hugs him. "I'm so sorry son." He cries softly and Chucks follows suit.

"I'm here dad. I'm here." Chucks opens his eyes and sees his mom through his blurry vision. She runs over and joins the hug.

"Room for one more?" Azriel adds.

"Make that two more" Mr. Mcavoy chimes in through the door and they all pile on Chuck.

"Guys I can't breathe" Chuck manages under the bodies of his loved ones.

A nurse walks in and checks Chucks vitals. Then run a few test and confirm everything is normal. They keep him under watch for another 24 hours and discharge him the following day. Azriel helps Chuck out of his parents car and walks with him into his home. Azriel still can't get over how big Chucks house is. He walks with him up to his room and sits him on the bed.

"So can you tell me what happened? I got bits and pieces from what the doctors spoke to my parents but I want to hear it from you." Chucks places a hand on Azriel who now sat beside him. Azriel begins to recount the events leading up to the trial.

"So tomorrow they go to court?" Chuck tries to contain his anger as to not induce stress. "I'm going"

"Chuck that wouldn't be smart. The doctor said you need to rest." Azriel squeezes Chucks hand.

"That bitch needs to pay. I could of died. I could have lost a life with you Azriel. A life without my parents, happiness, everything." Chucks cries out in anger.

"Hey...listen. Forget about that for now. I'm here, your here, and we can finally start moving forward again. My whole world stopped for those two weeks." Azriel leans over to kiss Chuck.

Chuck meets him halfway and they kiss passionately. Azriel pushes Chuck down and runs his hand under his shirt. Chuck moans under Azriels touch and arches his back. His pants become tight wanting to release what's growing within. Panting Azriel pulls away. "I'm not going all the way, not until your fully recovered."

Chuck snaps, "What! You can't leave me like this."

Azriel gives an evil smirk, "I'm not". He slides his hand down and undoes Chucks pants. He then takes off the underwear warranting a slap on Chucks tummy as his member springs free. Azriel climbs off the bed and kneels on the floor scooting Chuck towards him. He wraps his lips around the hardness in his hands and slowly makes his way down his length.

"Mmm yes...right there"

Azriel works his tongue round the crown and gentle sucks the tip.

"Ah babe...wait"  Chuck grips Azriels hair.

Azriel goes back down the full length and with a gentle twisting jerking motion of his hand, he sends Chuck over the edge. Chuck unloads in Azriels mouth and looks at him in horror when Azriel swallows.

"Azriel that's digusting."  Chuck plops his head back on the bed.

"Nah its protein besides I love everything about you, including that." Azriel makes a jerking motion smiling.

Chuck smiles, "stupid".