Darkling

At midnight somewhere in the woods...

A mid-aged woman was standing in dark wearing a cape and the hood of it....was covering half of her face and she was facing a man.

"So...now tell me...what happened in the woods....why couldn't you kill the prince?" Her dark voice made the night more dire.

"P-Prince was very fast and attentive my lady...he dodged my attacks." He said.

"I know that...tell me something that I don't know...??" Her dark voice had gone darker than before.

"I...I am sorry my lady." The man stated who was scared to the death.

"You know...why did I send you there...?" She asked while walking towards him with slow steps.....

That man was sweating hard at the decrease of space between them...he was silent at her question...

"ANSWER ME YOU IDIOT.....!!!!! " The mid-aged woman yelled.

"T...to...k...kill him m...my lady." His hands are getting numb.

"Right...to kill him...not to PRAISE HIM and don't try to tell me the story about he protected himself...." She yelled at him...that woman was standing right in front of him....close enough to snatch his eyeballs out of his sockets.

"My...apologies to you my lady." He was crying for his dear life while holding her legs.

"You....son........." She stopped in the middle of her sentence...when a tall man appeared from dark.

"My lady..."

"What happened...??" She asked with a cold voice.

"Prince Taehyung got to know about him and he saw his snake tattoo." Taehyung's henchman told her but the guilt was nowhere to be found on his face for betraying his prince for this lady.

The lady lowers her head to that man who was still there at her legs.

"P..please my l..lady give me a second chance..." He was begging her with teary eyes.

She bends to face him...

"You know...what...there is no second chance...I don't believe in it...life always gives you one chance to prove yourself..." Her voice was cold as glaciers which were sending him chills down to his spines.

"M..my l..lady...p..please..."...

"Kill him..." She ordered the henchman.

The henchman goes toward him and grabs his head by his hair who was crouching at her legs and was about to cut his neck.

"I saw something..."

The man said in a hope that maybe she will spare his life...

She turns around to face him again...

"Trying hard to stay alive...hmm...! She said towering at him.

"Please believe me...I saw something...it can be useful for you my lady..."

"Hmm...should I...?? What is it...?"

"I saw Prince was talking to a girl at Swan lake and she was on the side of ATARAXIA kingdom..."

"Why should I trust your story..?"

"I won't lie to you, my lady...I want to live.."

She gestured that henchman to release him.

"If I find out that you lied to me then you will be dead."

"I won't my lady.I told you...believe me."