Chapter 12

Rachel: Why are we going by road?

Darshan: The next flight to Ahmedabad is after 4 hours, and we can't wait for all that shit! And I told you not to ask any questions. (not looking away from the road)

Darshan was getting calls the whole way, They reached Ahmedabad in 6 hours, and Darshan wasn't driving home, he was taking her somewhere else. She had a lot of questions but couldn't ask as she doesn't want to make him angry, he already looks red right now. He parks in front of ZC hospital.

She is staring at him to get an explanation.

Darshan: Ok! First of all it's not so serious, you are strong and don't forget that I am here. (looking in her eyes)

Rachel: Why are we here? (puppy eyes)

Darshan: Your Dad fainted, but he is fine now. If you want to cry, cry here! Once you go in, you won't cry. Ok? (consoling) Rach look at me, Please!

Rachel: (hugs him and starts crying) How did he faint? He was fine when I last talked to him...

Darshan: Minor symptoms of heart attack, but he didn't get one. So he is just under observation. (caressing her head) Stop crying now, bohot ho gaya. (breaks the hug and wipes her tears)

Rachel: Hmmm...(sobs)

Darshan: Ready to go in?

Rachel: Yes!!! I won't cry, don't worry.

Darshan: That's like my girl!! come!!

They get off the car and reach the room. Rajendra Uncle, Sahil Bhai (Rach's very close cousin), and Mina Aunty were already in the room. Talking normally.

Rachel: Pappa, you are fine? (sits on the stool next to his bed)

AU: Arre I am totally good, 3% symptoms thhe. (smiling)

Darshan: Thhe matlab?

RU: Doctors ne operate kiya and now he's fine. (smiling)

Rachel: Great (smiling)

MA: Waise Tum dono aaye ho toh kuch discuss karna thha.

Rachel/Darshan: Kya?

RU: Humne engagement cancel kardi.(smiling)

Rachel/Darshan: Kyuu? (shocked)

RU: Dekho ab Amit ki aur meri age ho gayi hai, kab kya ho kya pata, toh humne socha engagement aur shaadi sab saath mein kar hi lete hai 1 mahine mein. (smiling)

Rachel/Darshan: Itni jaldi? (Rachel shocked, Darshan happily shocked)

AU: Karlo humare liye.

Rachel was about to say something but Darshan interrupted.

Darshan: Ab...waise toh bohot jaldi hai par kyunki aap log bol rahe ho toh mai taiyar hu.(smiling like an idiot)

Now everyone is staring at Rachel.

Rachel: Jaisi sabki marzi.(giving Darshan a glare)

RU: Thik hai phir, mai Panditji se baat kar leta hu. (very happy)

Amit Uncle gets discharged in evening. Rachel is sitting at her room's window and Darshan sits next to her. She didn't notice anyone entering the room, normally she can feel the presence of even a tiny leaf.