Chapter 40

At Night:

Everyone is chitchatting after dinner.

Virika: (yawns) Mumma, neen(neend) aayi hai!

Jasmin: Mujhe bhi. (yawns)

Rachel: (holds Viru's hand) Chalo, let's sleep.

Virika: Papa! Chalo...(holds his index finger)

Darshan looked at Rachel with puppy eyes.

Rachel: (nods) Chalo!

Darshan stands up hiding his idiotic smile.

Rachel sits on the bed and takes Virika in her lap.

Virika: Mumma...Aap Papa se kaha mile thhhe? (looking at her)

Rachel: Nana, Nani ke ghar!

Virika: Kaise?

Rachel: Itni raat ko itne sawal nahi puchte, sleep now!

Rachel lays and holds Virika as she is sleeping on her as always. Virika's head is on her chest and her hands holding her T-shirt.
Darshan lays next to them looking at the Mother-Daughter Duo.

Darshan: (speaks under his breath, looking at Rachel) My Choco Chip!

Rachel: (she heard it) Whom are you referring by that name? (stern)

Darshan: Umm...Virika! BTW thanks for giving her the name I chose...

Rachel: Hmm...(caressing Viru's back)

Darshan: She always sleeps like this?

Rachel: Yes! She falls asleep like this and after sometime I lay her on the bed.

Darshan: Ok...Will you ever forgive me? (softly)

Rachel: I don't know! (trying to control her emotions)

Darshan: It's Fine, I can wait forever now! Just stay with me, that's it...(smiling)

Rachel: I have to stay with you because I don't want my daughter to stay away from her father, just because of me. She deserves everything we have, I don't want her to lack anything just due to our disputes...

Darshan: I will make sure I don't hurt both of you...again! (sincerely)

Rachel slowly laid Virika on the bed as she was in deep sleep and pulled the blanket over Virika and herself. Darshan laid as well, he was holding Viru's tiny hand while sleeping.
After sometime Darshan fell asleep and Rachel opened her eyes as she was just acting to be asleep.

She was looking at his cute sleeping face...I love you Gabbu. I so wanna kiss you right now. I cannot forgive you so easily but yes I can support you and I will until I am alive.

It's Morning!!!

Rachel opened her eyes and was smiling at the view infront of her. Virika was hugging her Dad's arm in sleep like a Panda hugs a bamboo. Rachel quickly clicked a few pictures of them both.
She was still staring them both and suddenly Darshan stirred slightly, so Rach closed her eyes pretending to be asleep yet.

Darshan saw Virika's position and smiled widely and then his eyes fell on Rachel.

Darshan: I know you are not asleep, so stop acting! (chuckles softly)