Chapter 42: B'day GIFT!

5 Days Later...

It's 18th October!!!

Exactly at 12:00am, Darshan was in his home studio and suddenly Viru came in with a card.

Virika: Papa! Happy Birthday...(screaming)

Darshan: (picks her up and kisses her cheek) Thank You Baby...Mumma aur Daadu kaha hai?

Virika: (whispers in his ears) Surprise! Bahar hi hai, Chalo!

Darshan walked out with Viru in his arms and he saw the living room decorated with balloons and lights...
The Gang was already there, they cut the cake and wished him, everyone left around 1:15 am.
Rajendra Uncle went to his room, Viru was sleeping in her Dad's arms and Rachel was also sleepy.

Rachel: I'll take her...(forwarding hands)

Darshan: No, I will lay her, don't worry!

Rachel: Ok...

They went in the room, Darshan laid Viru and took something from his drawer, Rachel saw it was a cigarette pack.

Rachel: Where are you going?

Darshan: Studio...I have some work!

Rachel: Fine, and once again Happy Birthday! (acting normal)

As Darshan left, she got up and waited for 1-2 minutes. And then went in the studio.
Darshan was shocked.

Rachel: (folding her arms) Let me tell you, MY HUSBAND has made some rules for the people entering his studio.
1} Not to disrespect music.
2} Don't touch the things you cannot take care of.
3} Ask before using the desktop.
4} Don't step with unclean feet or dirty footwear.
5} NO CIGARETTES AND ALCOHOLIC DRINKS ALLOWED INSIDE.
6} If you spill anything, clean it yourself.
7} And last but not the least, DON'T SPOIL WITH HIS WIFE.

Darshan: (throws the cigrette in dustbin and walks towards her) I am stressed, nothing's working. I am trying everything but the Musician inside me isn't waking up. I don't know what to do!

Rachel: From when did Darshan Raval started being insecure about his talent?! You are the most incredible guy I know, Don't give up...FOR ME! (looking at him)

Darshan: Please love me like before, hug me, kiss me, make me the man I was, bring my soul back! (kept his head on her shoulder)

She started thinking something and then spoke.

Rachel: It's your Birthday...I will gift you something much needed right now! (caressing his hair)

Darshan: What? (low tone)

Rachel: Do you remember how I used to help you with the songs, when you weren't in the perfect state of thinking? (pushes him to look at his face)

Darshan: (looks in her eyes) You used to sit...with me, on my chair. And kept mumbling how and why you love my music...

Rachel: Set a timer for one hour!

Darshan: (does it) Done!

Rachel: (locks the door) Sit My Cutie Pie!

Darshan sat on the chair and Rachel sat on his lap like before.
Her legs hanging on the sides of the chair and her arms around his neck.

Rachel: (pecks his nose) Start!

Darshan pulled the hair-tie that was holding her hair in a messy bun.