ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔖𝔢𝔳𝔢𝔫

𝕶𝖗𝖎𝖙𝖆𝖓𝖆'𝖘 𝖕𝖔𝖛

𝕶𝖗𝖎𝖙𝖆𝖓𝖆'𝖘 𝖕𝖔𝖛

After dinner concludes, Headmaster Dippet orders the prefects of each house to escort the first years to their common rooms. Rhysand and I go with the first-years as we do not know where our house is in the large castle. House by house, the first years exit the dining hall and follow their respective prefects. When the time comes for Slytherins to leave, Rhysand and I join the first years, who follow the prefect, Tom Riddle, out of the dining hall and through the hallways.

Eventually, we are led into the dungeons, and bile creeps up in my throat when I see that our house is located here. My eyes threaten to flutter closed as memories of Kholmance's dungeon flood my mind. When I look up at Rhysand, who is walking closely at my side, I see his jaw clenched. It seems I'm not the only one who knew the horrors the dungeon carried at my old school. Kholmance did a number on both of us.

I still have nightmares about the dungeons of Kholmance. The things I endured when I broke a rule. Though I am able to forget about what I went through at Kholamance during the day, for the most part, the nightmares are something that I cannot get rid of, no matter how hard I try.

I feel a hand on my shoulder and the warmth that touches my skin tells me that it's Rhysand. "We're out," he whispers in my ear. "It's over." A part of me is comforted by his words but the other, larger part of me is not. It's not over.

It's not over until the Grand Magus is dead and that school is burned to the ground along with every teacher and priest who put the students of that school through the same hell they put me through. "It's not over until they burn," I mumble, quiet enough so that only Rhysand can hear me. He looks at me but says nothing. I can't tell if he wants to stay here and forget about all of this or if he wants to hand me a match.

We continue down the dungeons until we reach the south end of the dungeon corridor. We make our way down a hidden staircase until we reach the bottom, where the entrance to the Slytherin common room is. Tom Riddle stops in front of a large stone door and holds his hand up, ordering all the students following him to come to a halt, which they do. "Parseltongue," the blue-eyed prefect says while looking at the door. The stone door opens, allowing us access to the Slytherin common room. Rhysand stills next to me, and I glance at him. "Are you okay?" I ask. Upon hearing me speak, Rhysand blinks and turns to me. "Fine. But with my luck, I'll forget the password in five seconds," he smiles, and I let out a quiet laugh.