ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔗𝔴𝔢𝔫𝔱𝔶-𝔱𝔴𝔬

𝔎𝔯𝔦𝔱𝔞𝔫𝔞'𝔰 𝔭𝔬𝔳

𝔎𝔯𝔦𝔱𝔞𝔫𝔞'𝔰 𝔭𝔬𝔳

Walking over to the dining table, I gently touch Rhysand's shoulder. We didn't speak last night because he avoided me, and I need to speak with him, not only to tell him that I am sorry but to tell him that my plan for Tom Riddle worked. I didn't even tell Rhysand about the plan because I didn't want to take any risks, so I have to tell him now. "Can we talk?" I ask. Rhysand swallows when he meets my gaze but sets down his bagel and nods. He gets up from his seat at the table, and we make our way outside where the snow slowly falls on the ground we stand on. "I'm sorry," Rhysand says before I can even open my mouth to apologize. "I know why you can't get involved with anyone right now and I shouldn't have blown up at you as I did. When I saw you with him, I..."

"Don't tell me you were jealous," I say, crossing my arms over my chest. He swallows, and my eyes widen. "Rhysand, Tom is a textbook psychopath. I am not interested in him in any way. You have nothing to be jealous of," I assure, and I mean it. I'll chop off my own head before I fall for that bastard.

Rhysand's shoulders fall in a small breath of what looks like relief. "I should have trusted you." The corner of my lip kicks up. "Yes, you should have, but it's fine. I have something to tell you." I take a step closer and lower my voice a bit. "Tom made a move for the book while we heard of his plan to steal it at the ball. I knew he would do something like that, which is why I made a copy of the original book at Hogwarts and brought it with me on the train. I hid it in my chambers, and he found it. But I cast a spell on the copy before that changed the spells and rituals inside the book so he would never see the real contents. He tried to manipulate me, and he lost again. You should have seen his face when he realized that I bested him," I laugh, replaying the memory in my mind. A chuckle escapes Rhysand's lips. "I should have been there for that."

I wish he was there. He would have laughed his ass off. When I look up at Rhysand, I see the cocky smirk on his face and my eyes narrow. "Don't get too cocky. He will soon learn my tricks and he will get better. We both have to keep clear heads until both of these threats are neutralized," I tell him. I won this round, but Tom Riddle will not let that stand until he wins the next.