ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔉𝔦𝔣𝔱𝔶-𝔱𝔴𝔬

𝔎𝔯𝔦𝔱𝔞𝔫𝔞'𝔰 𝔭𝔬𝔳

𝔎𝔯𝔦𝔱𝔞𝔫𝔞'𝔰 𝔭𝔬𝔳

"Did you talk to Rosier about Clara?" I ask, and Rhysand nods. "He said he would love it if we brought her, but to keep her in one of our rooms when we do," he tells me, and I nod.

I grab last night's dress and pack it on top of all my other belongings along with the accessories and shoes before closing my trunk and locking it.

"Why are you taking the dress you wore last night?" Rhysand asks, "Rosier isn't throwing a ball this year."

I glance at the trunk on Rhysand's bed before meeting his gaze. "I intend to return it to him. He said it was quite expensive, and there is no need for me to keep it when I will only wear it once."

"He won't accept it," Rhysand says, and my brows furrow. "What makes you think that?" I ask. There is a high probability that he is correct in his assumption, but what wonders me is why he made the assumption.

"Because I've known him for over a year, Kritana. He's predictable," he asks, closing his trunk.

Not when it comes to me...

"Except for when it comes to you," he adds.

My open mouth closes at his words, and I avert my gaze.

I grab the bag next to my trunk and place Clara inside of it. Though she has grown to her full size over the past year, she still fits in the bag.

I look around the room for anything laying around that I may have forgotten to pack, and when I find nothing, I look back at Rhysand. "You ready?"

He does a quick look around the room as well before nodding.

He casts a levitation charm on his trunk, and I do the same. Together, we leave our dorm room and lock the door behind us. We head down to the common room where much of Slytherin house is gathered. Some children run around the common room, while others sit quietly and read. And most of the teenagers in the common room just talk with each other.

I look for Tom Riddle through the crowd and realize after a few moments of searching that he isn't here.

My eyebrows furrow, and I turn to Rhysand. "We were supposed to meet him before we left."

"You will," a male voice says from behind me.

I turn around and see Rosier behind me with his trunk floating a few inches above the ground on his right.

"We are meeting in the headmaster's office," he informs me before walking forward, not wasting any time explaining himself.

Rhysand and I quickly follow after him, trailing behind as he begins to walk through the dungeons.