ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔗𝔥𝔦𝔯𝔱𝔶-𝔣𝔦𝔳𝔢

The moment you've all been waiting for

𝔎𝔯𝔦𝔱𝔞𝔫𝔞'𝔰 𝔭𝔬𝔳

"Kritana," a voice calls, getting my attention and making me turn around. When I do, I see a large Gryffindor smiling down at me. "Hello, Hagrid," I smile. "Shouldn't you be in your common room?" I ask. It is two hours past curfew, and I have never seen him out past curfew. "I could say the same for ya," he laughs. Though his laughter would suggest that he is at ease, the nervous look in his eyes tells me otherwise. He glances around the library before turning his attention back to me. "What do you know about spiders, Kritana?"

"Spiders?" I question. At his nod, I answer, "not much if I'm being honest. I know the basics, of course, but I wouldn't say I'm well educated on the topic."

"Do you know what they eat?" he asks. I nod. "Are you speaking of regular spiders or spiders like the Acromantula?" I ask.

"Acromantula," he answers.

"People," I answer, "they like the taste of human flesh. They can eat other things because they are carnivorous, but human flesh is their preference." At my words, I see Hagrid swallow. "Do ya happen to know what they eat other than people?" he asks.

"Any large sentient being," I answer. I see something in his expression flicker. "Hagrid, is there something wrong?" I ask. I don't know why my answers about Acromantulas seemed to unease him.

"Can I trust ya?" he questions. Though I do not like the question because of what it implies, I nod. Upon seeing my nod, he glances around the library once more before turning his attention back to me. "Follow me," he says. He walks out of the library, and I follow the large Gryffindor. We make our way through the hallways and into the dungeons. When we pass the Slytherin common room, I catch up to him and whisper, "we shouldn't be down here. Tom Riddle will give you detention if he catches you." Tom Riddle often stays awake past curfew, either to deal with business with his knights or simply to take points away from the curfew-breaking first years, and the last thing I want is for him to catch me wandering the dungeons with Hagrid.