ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔉𝔬𝔯𝔱𝔶-𝔢𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱

𝔎𝔯𝔦𝔱𝔞𝔫𝔞'𝔰 𝔭𝔬𝔳

𝔎𝔯𝔦𝔱𝔞𝔫𝔞'𝔰 𝔭𝔬𝔳

      "How long do you think it will take?" Rhysand asks me as we walk down the hallways of the castle.

      I shrug my shoulders. "I don't know," I answer. "I'm getting the astral projection under control, but as for the rest of my abilities, I have no idea how long it will take." And if I'm being honest, after what happened last night with Tom, I don't know if I want to learn my abilities as soon as possible to end our training or if I want to keep training for as long as possible to see him.

      Something about last night was different. Something about him was different.

      He did things last night that were different. He held my hand. He made me tell him I was his. And I did. Without even thinking about it, I told him I was his, and that made me feel something.

      I still don't know what it is that I feel.

      I just know that something about last night was different for the both of us, so much so that he lost control, which has never happened before unless I was the reason.

      He still hasn't come up with a solution for last night, and the possibility of me carrying his child is eating away at me.

      I trusted him when he said that he would take care of it, and I still do trust that, but I can't help the nerves in my stomach.

      "Kritana?"

      I turn toward Rhysand, my eyebrows furrowed. "Sorry?"

      "I asked if you want me to grab us lunch and bring it to the library," he tells me as we turn a corner.

      "Sure," I tell him. Though the librarian doesn't like it when people eat in the library, she doesn't say anything when people do. As long as they clean up after themselves, she ignores it. And I also know that Rhysand prefers eating in the library, so we might as well.

      He nods and continues walking with me until we reach the library doors. I make my way inside while Rhysand continues walking, making his way to the great hall where lunch is being served.

      I walk further into the library, give the librarian at the check-out desk a smile, and head to the very back, where I usually sit when I come in here.

      When I get to the back of the library, I see Druella Rosier and Walburga Black sitting in two of the armchairs. They are facing each other and having a conversation, but that conversation stops when they see me observing them.