ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔉𝔦𝔣𝔱𝔶-𝔣𝔬𝔲𝔯

𝔎𝔯𝔦𝔱𝔞𝔫𝔞'𝔰 𝔭𝔬𝔳

𝔎𝔯𝔦𝔱𝔞𝔫𝔞'𝔰 𝔭𝔬𝔳

"How does the dress fit?" Walburga asks, peaking into my chambers.

"Perfectly," I tell her as I smooth out the white fabric. It's a simple dress that hugs my body in all the right places with an open back and short sleeves. Though the simplicity will not make me stand out, it is still beautiful. And it goes perfectly with the necklace Tom gifted me for the ball. "Thank you."

She takes a seat on the edge of my bed. "No need to thank me. After yesterday, I figured I owed you a little something," she says, no doubt referring to what happened between Tom and I because of our shopping spree.

I turn my head to the right a little so she does not see the flush that rises to my cheeks. "It's fine. He was not that angry."

She chuckles. "He was furious, darling. But it seems he took his anger out on you in a rather... exciting way."

My eyes widen, and I turn my head toward her. "You heard?"

She raises her brows. "The whole manor heard. You weren't exactly quiet. But, at least now I know why he has been so protective over you."

My brows furrow. "He's not protective."

She gives me a look.

"Maybe just a little," I amend, and she smirks.

Adjusting the diamond bracelet on her wrist, she says, "Rhysand is that way too. He doesn't go overboard in the way Riddle does, but I still find myself getting punished every now and then."

My eyes widen at her honesty, and I quickly look back at the mirror to avoid her seeing me cringe.

"Well, when does the gift-giving happen?" I ask, quickly changing the subject so she doesn't elaborate on her statement.

"After the drinks are handed out," she answers. "Rosier likes the gifts to be one of the first things."

"Because he is so eager to get something?" I question, knowing that the boy has practically everything he could ever want.