Fallout

Jordan- 16

Walking to a room she stood in front of it, tears falling from her eyes as she was remembering her conversation with Marcel. She stopped in front of a room.

Seeing Marcel come from the OR Jordan looked at him with wide brown eyes, she gripped Adam's hand tightly

"How's my dad?" Jordan asked fearfully.

"Jordan your father.." He took a breath. "He's out of surgery and in recovery. He's not completely out of the woods yet. One of the bullets hit his spleen, we tried to take the damaged part out but we ended up taking the whole spleen. We managed to control the internal bleeding for the moment it could come back so for the moment we're going to monitor him closely for a while"

"But he's going to live right? He'll be alright?"

"I expect he should make a full recovery he will have a tough road ahead of him but he should be alright"

Looking in the room she saw her father laying on the bed, hooked up to machines and wires. Laying there sleeping peacefully and perfectly. She went in the room and sat in the chair next to his bed and gently took one of his hands in her hand and used the other to brush back his hair.

"You'll be alright daddy, I promise. Please wake up, don't leave me. You always promised me you'd come home. Please wake up and come back home. I'm not ready to let you go, I'll never be ready. Please just wake up dad. Please. I need you" Her voice cracked.

Laying her head on his arm she let out a few sobs but raised her head and wiped her eyes, she kept hold of his hand.

"I'm sorry I never told you the truth, I was afraid. I was afraid if I told and it would have been true. I'd lose you too. I thought I was protecting you from Jacob. I wanted to tell you so bad but I was scared, I didn't want you to think of mom any different. I didn't want you to think any different of me. You always protect me. I had to protect you, you always say the team protects you and you protect them. I have to protect you too. Somehow I will protect you. If I could go back and change it I would. I would have told you everything instead of lying. I'm sorry dad. I'm so sorry"

She had kept hold of his hand as she leaned back in the chair just looking at her father. Outside the room the Intelligence team was there watching the young teen with her father. Antonio and Hailey had been the only two who knew the truth about what she had done.

The others had heard about how Jordan went off on the blonde detective and just about tore her head off. They knew Jordan had been in the wrong about it, normally when the teen acted out or went off the only person to get her to back down and get her in line was Hank. She barely listened to anyone when she got like that. The only people she would listen to besides her father were Erin, Alvin, Trudy. And occasionally Antonio.

When the others tried they seemed as if they would get through to her but not all the way. Hailey had been steering clear of the teen for the moment, now that she had felt the partial temper of the teen she felt it would be better for her to cool off before going at it again. Antonio walked over giving her a coffee.

"Figured you could use this" He handed the cup over.

"Thanks" She took the cup and sipped the hot liquid.

"I heard about Jo going off on you. You doing ok?"

"I never expected anyone, let alone a kid to have that much anger"

"I've known Jordan since she was 11, she was always the sweetest kid. She's always had her father's tempers no question. She changed a lot"

"Why?"