14- Destined by Fate [Vhope/Angst/Strangers to lover]

His breath was pacing back and forth

His breath was pacing back and forth. The new clothes were damp and smudged with dirt. Taehyung took a shortcut, running through the forest- running away as an omega bride. It was a forced marriage. Taehyung was never supposed to get married so early. 

He had a boyfriend. He couldn't hurt his boyfriend, could he?

The only place that got stuck in his head was to go to his boyfriend's house. It was the only place that made him feel safe, the only place that felt like home.

Taehyung arrived, knocking on the door rapidly, wanting to be comforted by the warmth of his boyfriend. 

Though, he didn't know the situation would get worse.

The oak door opened, revealing a sweaty man. 

"Tae?" His voice croaked. His shirt smelt like cigarettes, the crisp burning aroma of tobacco and nicotine withdrew from his throat. His brown hair was all ruffled up, and his face was wet, the moonlight glistening onto the delicate tears.

Taehyung was about to reenter the house when his boyfriend abruptly halted him.

"You never told me you were getting married." His voice was harsh.

Taehyung stared at him with worried eyes. "I-I'm sorry, I was going to tell you, but the wedding date changed. I had no idea it was today. I tried to reach you in many ways." Taehyung's voice filled with sorrow. He didn't want his boyfriend to get the misinterpretation.

"Liar, you never loved me!" 

"No, that's not true." Taehyung whispered. His hands reached to cup his boyfriend's face. "I've always loved you." He said, shaking as he looked into the grey orbs, lost in thoughts and always withering away like dust.

"If you truly loved me, I would've been the first person to know about the marriage if you only came to me at the beginning." His boyfriend pushes away Taehyung's cold hands and turns around. He closes his eyes and takes a deep breath.

"I'm sorry, I don't want to see you anymore." He says and shuts the door, never looking back.

Taehyung stood there frozen, his tears silently falling. 

It must be a dream. Please let it be a dream.

But it wasn't.

So he stood there and gave up.

ৎ୭

Taehyung was walking down the quiet footpath, his body shivering from the freezing weather. His mind was far from focusing on reality. The only thing he was thinking of was, why did this happen?

Without looking, Taehyung's foot slipped on the road, where cars were going at a pace of lightning speed. Though, in Taehyung's eyes, they were as leisurely as a snail.

He kept walking as if nothing was going to happen as if nothing dangerous was going to happen to him. The bright flashlights shone upon him, signalling a loud beep from the car, abruptly stopping right at Taehyung's feet.