22- If you Love Him. [Vminkook/Angst/Marriage/sad ending for jimin]

Tranquility washed over the night, the soft warm breeze flowing gently throughout the air, threading through tall buildings, swaying trees and the bustling crowds that filled the streets of Seoul

Tranquility washed over the night, the soft warm breeze flowing gently throughout the air, threading through tall buildings, swaying trees and the bustling crowds that filled the streets of Seoul. The moon rose up with pride, looking down upon the mortal world with her beaming gaze. Bright, flaming stars were scattered across the horizon, illuminating the dark abyss we call the night sky.

Sympathetic and pitied eyes gazed down upon a particular wedding venue, where an after party was currently being held. It was ironic, really, seeing as the creation of an everlasting bond between two people was something meant to be celebrated.

However, in this story, their attention wasn't focused on the elated couple.

You can do this, Jimin, a certain dirty blond-haired man with chubby cheeks and plump lips repeated in his head, breathing deeply. His chest rose and fell with each breath. Just like you rehearsed.

But alas, even his own words did nothing to soothe his ever-growing nervousness and anxiety. It clawed at him from inside, coursing through him and intermingling with the thousands of cells in his body. The sound of his own rapidly beating heart filled his ears, deafening all else.

"...may we please call the best man, Park Jimin, onto the stage?" The mentioned person managed to pick up what the MC said, followed by applause and cheers from the crowd, those of which including his best friends― Namjoon, Seokjin, Yoongi and Hoseok.

Jimin breathed out once, releasing all the air he had inhaled before. Out of habit, he laced his fingers together, trying to stop his hands from trembling.

Here goes nothing.

Jimin climbed onto the stage, giving the clapping crowd a small smile as he made his way to the center. Among the people watching him was Kim Taehyung, whose face immediately lit up, delighted upon seeing the person he's closest to.

When Jimin accepted the position of 'Best Man' (well, one of the best men) at his wedding, Taehyung had never been happier.

This day was really important to Taehyung, and the musician was touched that Jimin would be there and even make a speech, despite his busy schedule as a professional dancer. 

He was so excited, so positively overjoyed, that he failed to notice the sadness that flashed across Jimin's eyes, which had disappeared as quickly as it came.

Jimin stopped in front of a tall microphone situated at the front of the stage. After a moment's hesitation, he grabbed the sleek device and pulled it out of its holder, holding it up to his mouth.

"Hello," he quietly said into the mic, his voice resounding across the large hall, piercing the silence that washed over the room. "If you don't know who I am, my name is Park Jimin and I'm Taehyung's best friend.

"Um...I'm not quite good with speeches," Jimin continued, shrinking under the gazes of the audience. He shyly averted his gaze to his feet, causing strands of his hair to cover his peripheral vision, "so instead of a speech, I'd like to, uh, perform a song instead. More specifically, a song I wrote about Taehyungie a few years ago, when he first met his now husband."