17- Crossed Paths[Namkook/domestic/romance/]

The calm water exposed to the warm sun played with the gentle breeze kissing it's surface

The calm water exposed to the warm sun played with the gentle breeze kissing it's surface. The petals of cherry blossoms danced with the wind and showered over the people passing by the Han River, making the surroundings prettier.

People of all ages in different groups were spread all along the bank, adding instinct noises to the surroundings as they enjoyed their time in the sunshine accompanied by the cool breeze. The weather concluded that winter was on its way.

Wrapped in an old weared out sweater, his composed figure was relaxed on a wooden bench by the blue flowing beauty. His dark brown orbs blankly observed the flowing river, as the wind lightly ruffled his soft brown hair.

His eyes which used to sparkle with stars even at the slightest happiness had now died down. The sudden burden of responsibilities he was supposed to carry after his father’s death suppressed him. After his demise, his elder brother,  Junghyun, had to leave his studies and look for a job, which sadly didn't carry the expenses of both the household and his university.

Junghyun surely loved him and tried his best to spend time with him, but Jungkook still felt something was missing. Jungkook understood the situation, and tried his best to help his family, by coping with his university. He wasn't good in studies, but he held a great position in sports, and that was how he was going to secure a scholarship. 

Moreover, he missed his father as much as his mother, who worked as a waitress in a small restaurant. She worked for nearly 12-13 hours so that she could earn enough for a living . But unfortunately, she was like a breathing corpse in a hospital cabin, suffering from a rare disease.

This unfortunately made his brother work even harder. Seeing him stressed, he wanted to do something, anything, just something so he could contribute. He wanted to lift the burden off of his brother’s shoulder but he definitely couldn't afford paying the hospital bills, yet he used to try his best.

Frustratedly Jungkook pulled at his locks in representation to his thoughts that were eating him.

“Jungkook?” a soft voice spoke from beside him. “Jimin?” he looked up at the boy who was looking down at him with a soft gaze. 

His light brown eyes showing all the affection in the world. Jungkook felt like crying into his embrace, but thought better of it. ‘He’d probably laugh at me’, he thought and quickly pushed the urge away. “What are you doing here?” he asked, his gaze settling back on the river flowing peacefully.“I needed air,” Jimin sighed. “What about you?” Jimin politely asked. “Same” Jungkook mumbled lightly. 

He stared ahead at nothing in particular. Maybe the light waves overlapping each other, or the branches and leaves of the trees moving due to the wind? Or Maybe the hollowness consuming him.

But what was he trying to do? Seek comfort from them, or was he looking for someone? What was it? He did not know this himself, he wanted to know what he was doing, wanted to know what he was staring at! He wanted to know…