The Plan - 5

Batuk's P.O.V :

The slow and cautious steps led us to the staircase of our school. The room where another set of papers was kept in the corner most room of second floor and now our team was about to steal it. Doesn't it sounding like an adventure? For us , nooo!! Only we know the pace at which our heart beats are thumping. Its totally same to holding your precious lives in your hands and walking aimlessly. The dark staircase seemed to lighten by the oil lamps we were carrying in our hands, with the black shawl still wrapped around our frames. We are not even the real thieves. Okay I admit that I have stolen cookies from Som dada's jar, rashogullas from Boudi's share and laddoos from the Puja thal. But that doesn't prove I am a thief. My throat had been completely dried and choked and my body was all soaked with sweat. Moreover, the jewel classmates accompanying me was the cherry on the top. Neel was constantly blabbering nonsense about Shashwat and Abhijeet, his discriminating speeches. Shashwat was still looking out of the corridor, for he thought he had been entered into the haunted palace. Abhijeet being a silent boy was   chanting durga's name. And my mind still dreaming about the worst situation possible if kaka get to knew this.

"Abhiram ab tum hi bolo. Inke saath kaise dhundenge hum prashna patrika. Mujhse nahi hoga." Neel slowly whispered in his ears.

The whole group which was walking seriously and cautiously halted abruptly in the middle of the corridor.

"Ssshhhh!! Pakde jaayenge hum. Thoda shaant nahi reh sakte kya tum? Kam se kam jagah toh dekh lete." I scolded him.

This boy really irks me sometimes. Neglecting the seriousness of the situation, he is still busy in his nonsense orthodoxical ideologies. Anymore word and I will surely kill him. But I must admit, my patience level has been improved a quiet with the company of these classmates.

"Bina kisi vivad ke chalte hai. Pakde gaye toh duvidha mein gir jaayenge."
Abhijeet almost dragged me , tightly clutching my hand.

This boy is more serious than Aniruddh dada. I still wonder how Shashwat and Daiwik are his friends. Their fights is really a perfect entertainment for me and Boudi. And Abhijeet being silent, watches the duo all emotionless. When was the last he smiled? I started scratching my head when suddenly few footsteps warned us. In a nick of time, we hid behind the large wall near the stairs. My heart almost popped out of my ribs, difficult to digest and adjust in the situation. Slowly , the few head popped out behind the wall, the inquisitive eyes still wandering the sources of footsteps. Seeing the scene, my eyes widened in astonishment , for we found our guard with few teachers roaming there. They were chit chatting something amongst themselves.

"Batuk tumne toh bola tha guard bewakoof hai!! "  Exclaimed Abhiram pinching my skin, with a tone mixed with tinge of anger and fear.

I looked at Shashwat who shrugged his shoulders in return. What are these people doing at this time? My fear was true. Something or other might happen now for sure. I remembered once I had told the guard about that hypothetical 'aprasiddh jagat kalyan's avastavik swami'. I think his intuition powers had been entered in my soul. I twitched the thought and again few pair of eyes binged through the corridor. The beats reached its peak when we found them heading towards our way. Breathing heavily, I indicated my team by shaking my palm and soon we rushed down the stairs and secretly entered the classroom which came first in our way.

" Ab kya kare?"

"Ye kaha se aagaye idhar?"

"Batuk!! Tumne kaha tha guard bewakoof hai. Ye kaha se aagaya ?" Abhiram asked the same question, again pinching my arms.

We were smartly hiding under the desks and benches cautiously, so as to not make any screeching sounds.

"Dusri sidhiyon se chalte hai!!". I said firmly.