Chapter 2

Year 2021; The next morning,

At Lisa's property;

Lisa stretches her muscles then her neck and starts her morning routine running. She needs it, she needs it more than usual more than ever. She spent a terrible night and had to take some pills to help her sleep. She doesn't like taking them but sometimes she needs them when her brain doesn't shut off.

In fact, she doesn't only dislike them but she hates them. They remind her of her father, he had almost the same container of pills everywhere with him. Lisa tends to hate everything that reminds her or relates her to him.

She shakes her head trying to push the negative thoughts away, she doesn't need more negativity and stress, all she needs is to stop thinking but of course she fails to. Instead, her thoughts are brought back to Jennie and last night's dinner. She groans and runs faster as if she is trying to run from something.

She runs almost half an hour more than her usual routine before she is back to her mansion and gets in her bathroom. She doesn't linger in her shower like each morning after her morning exercise because she doesn't want to be late or let things of the previous day affect her new day.

She cuts short to her shower and dresses up then walks to her office where she can hear a chiming.

Video call conversation...

Lisa answers it and stands back up. "Morning, Ladies," She says while buttoning up her blouse.

"Morning, boss," Rosé replies putting her glasses on and looking at the screen.

"Morning losers," Jisoo says at last appearing on the screen half-naked.

"Jisoo!" Lisa warns her friend and looks away.

"Well well, good morning tiny tits," Rosé says and Lisa rolls her eyes.

"Tiny?" Jisoo sounds offended.

"Get dressed, Jisoo for God's sake," Lisa groans.

"What? Don't be a prude," Jisoo replies."Or are you having a boner?" Lisa could hear the smirk in her friend's voice.

"Don't flatter yourself, Chu. I've seen much better. Get dressed you're going to be late and I can't tolerate more than that," Lisa warns bossily.

"Geez, relax. Did you not bang with Irene yesterday?" Jisoo asks shamelessly.

"God!" Rosé huffs at Jisoo's tendency to always talk about sex.

"I'm not going to discuss my sexual life with you Chu! Get dressed and I want you in my office the minute you get there," Lisa replies seriously.

"Lisa?" Rosé calls her friend worried feeling like Lisa is on the edge.

Lisa hums finally sitting on her chair and looking at the screen properly while she can see Jisoo leaving out of the sight of the camera. "Don't talk about sex when I'm not heeeere," Jisoo's voice gets away.

Lisa smiles and shakes her head in disbelief while Rosé chuckles. "That woman needs a filter."

"Filters," Lisa corrects and she hears Jisoo screaming, "I can hear you guuuuys."

"What's up with you?" Rosé asks her friend who looks a little off.

Lisa takes a deep breath then begins, "Kai is back."

"I know, you told us." Rosé frowns feeling like there's more to it.

"He's engaged," Lisa adds.