Chapter 8

Lisa's mansion; Lisa's birthday party;

Living-room;

Jennie walks back to the living room feeling nervous. She does not know how much did Irene see or what she thinks it was because clearly, she was jealous. She does not want to make things complicated, they just got a step forward in the right direction with their talk towards a less tense relationship and Jennie hopes towards a friendship along the way. But it seems that they just took two steps backwards now.

She goes to Kai hoping that he will agree to leave with her, "Kai, can we leave?"

Kai looks at her confused. "Is everything alright?" He asks.

"Yeah, I just wanna go home," Jennie lies because she cannot tell him, 'No, nothing is alright.'

"Okay, few more minutes to tell Pran bye and we leave," Kai replies and Jennie smiles at him relieved.

She takes another drink while waiting for Lisa and Irene to be back so they can leave then Jisoo looks at her and asks, "Do you know where Rosé is?"

Jennie is somehow surprised that Jisoo asks her about Rosé. "I think she left," Jennie replies.

The brunette frowns. "Are you sure?" She insists and Jennie nods. Chahee throws a glance at her best friend who nods lightly in confirmation. Jennie understands what Chahee is trying to tell her with her eyes. It is obvious that Rosé left because she was jealous.

"Chu, I should leave...it's getting late and I have to wake up early tomorrow," Chahee excuses herself.

"No, not you too," Jisoo pouts. "At least stay for another drink, please?" She suggests luring her girlfriend to stay but Chahee refuses politely, "I can't, Chu."

Lisa walks back to the living room with Irene. She goes straight to the bar and grabs a drink, she really needs it for the upcoming talk with Irene who goes to join Kai and Jennie making the latter uncomfortable.

"Here you're guys, we're leaving," Kai informs.

Irene looks at Jennie. "Are you okay Jennie?" She asks with a smirk on her face.

Jennie feels her cheeks reddening, "Yeah, I'm just a little bit tired," She smiles guiltily at Irene then Lisa joins them.

"Will I see you tomorrow?" Irene asks Jennie and Lisa looks between the two of them.

"Yeah as usual," She smiles at Irene.

"Thanks for coming guys, and Jennie... Thank you for the painting it really is beautiful," Lisa gathers her strength enough to take a step forward and give Jennie another hug in front of both Kai and Irene. Jennie is taken by surprise and does not react, Lisa notices it but does not blame her.

Chahee's eyes widen at what she is seeing and almost spills out her drink when Kai speaks, "Finally the two women in my life kiss and makeup."

Irene looks at Kai and flashes him a nervous smile, she wants to punch him in the face for the stupid comment he just made. Jennie chuckles nervously and looks at Irene to see her staring daggers at Kai while Chahee is looking speechlessly at them.

"We should go," Jennie says greeting her teeth.

Jisoo ends up deciding to leave as everyone already left feeling like she is cock blocking her best friends as the tension between her and Irene is obvious. "Time for me to go ladies. Lisa, enjoy the birthday sex," She winks at Lisa who rolls her eyes.

"Bye Jisoo," Both women say in unison.

When Lisa goes back to her bedroom, Irene follows her silently. She knows they are about to talk and according to Lisa's behavior and silence, it is clear it is going to be a serious talk.