Chapter 6

Jennie leaves Irene's apartment with a weird feeling, she is about to be in a car with Lisa and only Lisa. She wants to talk to her about the painting, their painting and why would she ask her to ignore her while she keeps it.

After seeing it, Jennie felt nostalgic and somehow better about seeing Lisa again. Having her back in her life thinking that maybe, just maybe one day they can be friends again. She is not stupid she knows they cannot be as close as they used to be, water has flowed under the bridge. But at least she will not resent her anymore and they would be able to be around each other without so much drama.

Lisa gets in her car feeling nervous at Jennie's proximity. The first thing Lisa notices is Jennie's perfume which almost suffocates her in a delicious way. She opens the winds so she can think clearly before even starting off the engine. She needs some air so she can talk to Jennie about Kai and fulfill her promise to him.

Even if Jennie was determined to talk to Lisa, she keeps silent. She wants to speak to say anything but she does not know why her body betrays her and does not obey her.

"How are you, Jennie?" Lisa asks breaking the silence.

Jennie takes a deep breath then replies, "Fine, you?"

Lisa looks at her then back to the road, "Good."

"Can I ask you a question?" Lisa asks warily but Jennie does not answer.

She thinks Lisa is about to ask her about yesterday so after a few minutes of silence she says, "I'm sorry, Lisa."

Lisa frowns then looks at Jennie then back to the road when Jennie explains, "I shouldn't have given you the cold shoulder that way, it was childish."

"That's fine, Jennie," Lisa replies.

"Fine!" Jennie exclaims feeling angry and it is Lisa's turn to keep silent.

"What do you mean by fine?" Jennie asks, "So, that's how you want us to be?" This time her tone gets a pitch higher.

"I don't want us," Lisa stresses her last word. Internally, she feels happy that Jennie feels guilty at snubbing her and apologizes. She forces herself to not smile, deep down she wants to stop the car and hug Jennie but she cannot. She cannot do it, she needs to keep her resolution. Jennie is Kai's fiancée and he is her brother. For God's sake, he asked her to talk to her about them - him and Jennie.

"I've got that message wide and clear long ago, don't worry. What I mean is if we keep acting like that with one another someone might notice it and you don't want that, do you?" Jennie fires back.

Lisa frowns at the first part of Jennie's reply but quickly pushes her thoughts away, she needs to focus on the present. The most important things first, Kai. She agrees, "No. You're right"

"Good," Jennie adds sternly.

"I was with Kai earlier this morning," Lisa says and Jennie looks at her then Lisa speaks again, "He's afraid, he thinks you don't want to marry him. Is it true, Jennie?"

Jennie's lips part then close, she doesn't answer and Lisa insists, "Jennie, is it true?"

"I'm not talking to you about my fiancé," Jennie says avoiding to reply Lisa's question.

Lisa sighs, she is tired of this situation each time she talks to Jennie they end up arguing.

"He's my brother, Jennie," Lisa says in a softer voice then explains, "What am I supposed to do? He called me drunk and begged me to talk to you."

Jennie looks at her again for a moment then says, "Thank you, consider it done. I'll talk to him."

Lisa is not satisfied by Jennie's answer, she pulls over the side of the road making Jennie frown.