Chapter 24

Two days later;

Jennie drags Chahee with her to do the groceries just so she can talk to her about Irene because she waited for her to do it on her own but she didn't. Whenever she tried, someone interrupted them. And that's why she could not wait any longer to kick some sense in her best friend knowing that if she doesn't soon, Chahee is going to get hurt.

"You spent the night in her room again," Jennie lets out seeing that Chahee is not willing to tell her anything on her own.

"You know!" Chahee says looking everywhere but at Jennie walking beside her.

"Who doesn't by now?" Jennie asks rhetorically. "Except for Junmyeon."

"I'll tell him."

"What are you going to tell him? Are you guys dating?"

"No, we...we're not."

"Then what are you doing? Do you guys even know each other?" Jennie asks softly, seeing that Chahee is already affected by what is happening. "She's here only for a week."

Chahee keeps silent knowing that Jennie is right to react this way because she would do the same if the roles were reversed. She wants to give her best friend an answer, a logical one. However, she doesn't know what they are doing. All she knows is that she likes it and she doesn't want to stop.

"Oh my God! You didn't talk about it, did you?" Jennie stops walking through the groceries store and tugging Chahee's wrist to get her attention.

Chahee shakes her head. "Why would we? It's obvious we're just having fun."

"Is that what you want?"

"Yeah, I guess."

"Alright, I don't want either of you to get hurt," Jennie says releasing Chahee's wrist not wanting to insist any further.

"Don't worry, we're both adults. We know what we're doing." Chahee replies just to close the topic but it only worries Jennie more. It is obvious that she is just trying to avoid facing the truth. She is already affected, she has no clue what her little sexcapades with Irene mean or where they are going to take her.

"Not so convincing."

Chahee huffs gesturing at her chest, "I do but this stupid one doesn't but it's fine...it must be the alcohol I'm consuming these days and the holidays that are making me so reckless."

"I see."

"I'm leaving tomorrow anyway," Chahee adds with a shrug.

"You can stay until she leaves but it's probably a bad idea."

"Why? Don't you have any faith in me?"

"No, you're going to love her more. It's Irene, she's....I couldn't not like her even when she was dating Lisa, C. She's charming, friendly, warm-hearted...she's just lovable."

"I know," Chahee breathes out defeated.

"So what are you going to do?"

"Nothing, I guess I'll just leave tomorrow and I'll see you after the New Year's Eve for the ring shopping."

"I doubt I can wait, why don't we start today?" Jennie suggests happily.

"I don't know. Did you tell your mom you're going to propose?"

"No, why?"

"Because she's your mom and she would want to help you and be part of this after barely being invited to your first wedding."