Chapter 16

Lisa's mansion; bedroom;

They say time heals all wounds, and out of everyone, Lisa should know that but no. All she knows is that even time can't heal the wounds.

It has been almost two weeks since she had the surprise visit from Kai. A part of her was happy to see him but she knew better than to trust him and their familiarity again. She is well aware, everything that kept them together was torn and long lost. She tried to salvage it several times but Kai wasn't receptive and after their infamous meeting Lisa came to terms with it.

That morning, Lisa didn't judge it necessary to let her lawyer nor Rosé know about Kai's visit to her mansion as her answer was clear and concise, 'See you at the office' The office meant an official meeting, it also meant lawyers and a third party and it was not what Kai was asking from her.

She shouldn't have been surprised when neither Kai nor his lawyer showed up that day but she thought and somehow deep inside she was hoping that he will come and try to talk her out of using lawyers just as he did a few hours prior that day but he didn't.

Lisa tried to ignore the bitter taste of disappointment that day after receiving a phone call from Kai's lawyer who didn't help much in enlightening them on Kai's decision concerning their issue. An issue that Lisa was not going to ignore on the contrary all she did in the past two weeks is work for not only one but a few shareholder's agreement drafts and other solutions.

The first "solution" her board suggested is to buy Kai's shares if ever he would be willing to sell the shares to them because the unfortunate events leading to this situation are quite personal. And even if not all the board members know about what exactly happened they know that Lisa is using for the first time her professional identity with her brother which is rather disturbing to witness and pretty self-explanatory.

When she rejected their "first solution" - for good reason, she wasn't going to 'take, buy' Kai 'his' shares and act exactly like his paranoid thoughts expected her to do 'to take from him '- the board tried again to talk her into another alternative for the same idea by using someone who would approach Kai with an offer, which means he would buy the shares on her behalf.

A bold move, desperate times call for desperate measures. Lisa is aware but she was not even going to consider it for a second. There is so much to lose. Not only it would cost them a bigger amount of money that Lisa can't afford losing now, there is also the fact that it would put the company at a higher risk by exposing it to someone that might be bought again by YG or just require an exorbitant amount in exchange for his loyalty and the most important reason Lisa refuses this idea is Kai's inability - caused by his pain - to distinguish between what is his and what is not.

She doesn't want Kai to think that she is trying to take -in other terms buy- what is 'rightfully his' just like he accused her. She doesn't want to let her pain and anger urge her further into extreme measures too so it is nothing Lisa would even think about. All she wants is to find a middle ground, a fair negotiation for both parts without perturbing the company's already and lately fragile pillars.

Lisa's days at work are spent merely discussing this matter even when Rosé would come into her office and try to drag her away for lunch, she would find a way to talk about it. She doesn't have much time to relax or think about something else except for maybe Mrs. Kim and their joined efforts in finding the right 'home' for her and Jennie for when everything will be settled with Kai.

In fact, Lisa has been regularly in touch with Mrs. Kim even at unexpected hours and even more than she is with Jennie. Not that she doesn't miss her, it is just hard for Lisa to see Jennie on a screen without being able to touch her, kiss her and tell her what is happening (or not happening) with her "brother" cousin. Lisa did her best to avoid talking about work with Jennie because she knows Jennie would freak out and might even call Kai which will only make things worse. Lisa's intention is to spare Jennie the delicate position to be in between, a position she knows is not easy to take as it already affected enough friendships in their circle.