Chapter 7

Present time; Lisa's mansion;

Lisa's bedroom;

Lisa packs her bag for her business trip; 'It is the perfect timing for it,' She thinks if she did not have to go she would have taken a few days away from her life. From Jennie and Irene, from her brother and her two best friends. She needs time to think without being interrupted by anyone, without being interrupted by life. Of course, the thinking is all about her, Jennie and their talk.

A part of her regrets not asking Jennie to rekindle their friendship because hell she wanted it. She loved every second she has spent with Jennie. The hardest thing she ever did was not reciprocate Jennie's hug, she needed it but she couldn't allow herself to be selfish.

But the other part of her felt guilty for feeling like this. She reprimanded herself for being weak again and showing her soft spot for Jennie. She cannot allow herself to "like", let alone love Jennie's company because she knows she is not hers. She is her brother's forever.

Some of Jennie's words hang in her memory more specifically, 'I love him and yes I'm gonna marry him'. She tries to keep them engraved in her head so she will not think about Jennie anymore.

However, Jennie is not only in her head but in her heart too and it is known the heart and the head do not cooperate so well when it comes to love.

"Babe," Irene's voice brings her back from her thoughts, Lisa hums and looks at her girlfriend.

"Is everything alright? I feel like you're away these last few days," Irene asks concerned.

"I'm fine, Hyun. It's just work and the upcoming trip...there's a lot in my mind," Lisa justifies but Irene does not believe her. She knows there is more to it but she decides to let it go for now and talk about it when Lisa comes back. Lisa leans down and gives a peck to her girlfriend before leaving to her office. She needs to make a few calls and leave some instructions to Bobby, Rosé and Jisoo before she goes to the airport.

She starts with Bobby of course, he is the one who would be in charge of financing the things Jennie and Lisa agreed on for the wedding. She instructs him to give Jennie a call every two or three days in case she needs him and does not want to solicit him. She also asks him to keep her updated via email about his interactions with her future sister-in-law.

Then, when all is set with Bobby Lisa calls Mr. Park to let him know that he should expect a draft from her for the garden's decoration. She wants to prepare it herself and asks him to find the best gardeners to take care of it and of course, keep her updated as well.

Video call conversation...

Lisa waits for her friends to pick up, Rosé is the first one to do.

"Good morning, Rosé," Lisa says as soon as her best friend appears on the screen.

"Morning, Lisa," Rosé replies with a sad voice.

"What's wrong?" Lisa asks with a frown.

"Nothing, I didn't have my coffee yet," Rosé lies and Lisa can tell but she decides to get right into work.

Half an hour later, Jisoo finally joins the conversation.

"Morning ladies," She greets her best friends happily.

"Morning, Chu," Lisa replies but Rosé keeps silent. In fact, she barely lasts five minutes then she leaves without disconnecting while Jisoo goes through the last details about her project with Lisa.

"Okay, Chu I trust you to keep me updated via email...I don't know how often I can check my emails but I'll at least check when I'm back to the hotel room," Lisa says seriously.