Chapter 23

Jennie gets in the room and finds Lisa asleep in a sitting position with her mac still on her lap and her glasses on. She smiles at the sight, Lisa's cuteness, when she is wearing her big glasses and with her hair loose, is beyond anything Jennie ever saw.

It's everything to her.

She walks on her toes trying to avoid making too much noise that may wake up her beautiful girlfriend. She gently takes her glasses off her face, and puts them on the nightstand before taking her mac and putting it away, then puts the blanket over her. Lisa stirs laying completely on the bed and making herself comfortable all without opening her eyes.

Jennie can't help smiling lovingly at her. She leans down and places a featherlike kiss on her cheek before leaving to put on her own pajamas. Once she is done and ready to turn off the lights, she notices that she did not turn off Lisa's mac so she takes it and her heart stops when her eyes land on what Lisa has been doing.

It looks like she was looking at or choosing rings, engagement rings. Jennie's heart jolts in her chest, she was not expecting Lisa to think about engagement and marriage yet. Especially after the talk, she gave on her birthday when she found the onesie.

'Oh, no!' Is the first thing that crosses Jennie's mind when seeing it because she did think about marrying Lisa, she thought about proposing but she didn't want to rush things, she wanted to make it special just like the way she sees Lisa.

It was not only the wrong timing for both of them – she just got left on the aisle and Lisa was going through a hard time with Kai and the company – but they also deserved better. They deserved to live the euphoria of one of the most important steps in their lives fully and not have it eclipsed by some family drama or difficult period at work.

Jennie thinks Lisa deserves the best, she deserves to have a memorable proposal and an intimate one. She didn't want her to think that she is just rushing to use her to replace Kai, she didn't want her to doubt and she wanted to make her feel special.

She turns off Lisa's mac then goes back to bed and tries to sleep but evidently fails, the beating of her heart is too loud and overwhelming in her chest that it is distracting.

And, she's freaking out thinking about what to do, how to react, and if she should tell Lisa or not because clearly, she won't be able to hide it. She is already a mess and her thoughts are already everywhere.

'Oh my God, of course, she wants to propose and she's going to do it. She hinted at it the other day when saying that we'd have a whole team to beat my parents' Christmas' Jennie thinks feeling her heart melting.

Lisa won't be just her girlfriend anymore, she is going to be her wife and her life partner. It's not a strange feeling to her because Lisa is already her best friend, the love of her life, and her life partner. All they are missing is a ring to make it official and Lisa is again beating her to it.

'As much as I love her, this can't happen. Why does she have to be this perfect? Always doing the romantic moves first and so naturally? I gotta do it before she does' Jennie thinks but then remembers that she doesn't have a ring and that even if she does get one and propose, it is going to be rushed. She won't be able to choose and find 'The ring' for Lisa, it takes time and with Christmas shopping frenzy during the last days, she doubts she can find something worth for her Lisa.

'Fuck,' Jennie curses herself, she can't possibly sleep while she has a proposal to plan but has no ring. She takes her phone and rushes out of the bedroom to call her mom and then realizes that her mother can't be of any help as she is on a plane.