Chapter 12

France; Kim's household;

When Jennie finishes dressing, she goes back with a wide smile on her face, "Let's go".

She takes her keys and purse and walks out with Kai both wearing a smile on their faces.

After Jennie closes the door, she hooks her arm around Kai's then her smile falls "Lisa!" She lets out surprised.

"Kai?" Lisa breathes out, eyes filled with pain.

Lisa's eyes fall right between Kai's body and Jennie's, she looks at them arm in arm. She never thought it would hurt so much to see Kai with Jennie. She has seen worse the night in the club but that night Jennie was Kai's and Lisa had no right and no chance to be with her but now things are different, or not so much.

Jennie freezes, she doesn't know how to react. She is standing in front of Lisa and her arm linked with Kai's. Just a minute ago she was thinking, 'finally things are going to be better' but it seems that she was wrong.

Her heart is aching at the sight of Lisa's doe eyes, she is well aware of the direction of Lisa's gaze and she could clearly see the emotions whirling into her brown orbs. She wants to reach for her, to tell her that's not what it looks like but she can't, her body won't obey her.

Kai is as much surprised as Jennie, he doesn't know what to do.

'What is Lisa doing here? Of course she came for Jennie. Of course, she loves her more than anyone and anything in the world,' He says to himself. He doesn't know if Jennie was lying when she said they are not talking, she could have after all they both lied to him for months. He feels an ache in his heart and can't help looking angrily at Lisa.

Lisa feels anger boiling inside of her too, she throws Kai a death glare then her eyes soften a little bit when they flick on Jennie's face but not for long as tears start to well in them. She turns back and walks the other direction. She has nothing to do here, not anymore. She got answers for what she came looking for, clearly not what she was expecting nor hoping but it is more than enough, more than she can handle.

Kai is here and well, he was all smiling while she was worried about him and Jennie. Jennie is happy, happier with Kai than they have ever been. She was wearing a genuine smile and a nice dress, probably going out on a date with Kai. She walks as fast as her legs allow her without looking back.

She won't be able to erase from her memory the sight of Jennie's smile being with Kai while she didn't even open her last letter. Lisa has no clue; she didn't get a text from Mrs. Kim about whether Jennie read or not her last letter. She might have but didn't care enough to reply, obviously too busy with Kai.

It is only when Jennie sees Lisa leaving, that she comes back to her senses. She was not expecting her next encounter with Lisa to happen like this. She pulls her arm from Kai's and looks at him apologetically, "I'm sorry". She apologizes because she knows Kai loves her, and that it will hurt him to see her running after his sister so soon. But she can't let Lisa think that she is back with him, or that she is ignoring her because of him.

"Lisa! Lisa!" Jennie calls out but the Thai can't hear her, she is too tormented by the voices in her head and the ache in her heart.

Just as Jennie is about to run after her, she feels Kai's firm grip around her wrist.

"Wait, I'll talk to her," He says before running after Lisa.

He follows Lisa to her hotel, he doesn't call her out because they are in the middle of Paris' streets and if he does she won't give him the chance to talk. Instead, he waits until she is about to get into the hotel before he does.