Chapter 20

France;

Lisa walks to Mrs. Kim's car feeling nervous. She does not know if she looks decent enough to meet Mrs. Kim after not picking up her phone calls and not replying to her texts the whole morning which kind of explains the reason why.

She tries to relax her jaw after spending the whole night and morning smiling. She thinks Mrs. Kim can see it in her face, that she has been screwing her daughter. She closes her eyes trying to not think about it because it is only making it worse and obvious that she has something to feel guilty about.

"Mrs. Kim?" Lisa lets out not meeting the older woman's eyes.

"Lisa," Mrs. Kim smiles at her, "I hope you won't change your mind because I pled in your favor and gave my word. And now, I'm late for work."

"Yeah..am...I'm sorry. I had to blindfold her first she...you know how she's," Lisa stutters trying to explain.

"Then don't make her or me wait any longer, here."

Lisa looks down at the keys in Mrs. Kim's hand.

"How? I don't understand."

"I talked to the man and convinced him. I also promised that you'd give him a better offer than the one he received."

"Oh...alright. Thank you," Lisa lets out before taking the keys from her, "You're sure you don't wanna come in with us?"

"Yes." Mrs. Kim returns with a smile before leaving.

Lisa takes a deep breath looking at the keys in her hand. She realizes that they represent a step forward in her relationship with Jennie, and her lips curl in a smile.

Finally, her life is taking a better turn. She does not forget that a transition is going to be difficult at first, not to mention that she still has to convince Jennie to live their life here in France.

She rushes back to the car and opens the door. Jennie jolts in the passenger seat.

"C'est moi," (It's me,) She says before taking Jennie's hand in hers. "Tu me fais confiance?" (Do you trust me?)

Trust is all what led them to this very moment. Whether it is the lack of it after being separated because of some misfortunate events, or the doubts about it that led them to keep secrets and agonize watching one another in someone else's arms.

"Oui." (Yes.) Jennie's reply comes spontaneously making Lisa happy. She tugs her hand and walks her out of the car carefully towards the house's doorstep before stopping again.

"Garde les yeux fermés." (Keep your eyes closed.) She instructs before opening the door then takes Jennie's hand again and walks her inside.

"Je peux voir maintenant?" (Can I see now?)

"Oui." (Yes.) Lisa answers joyfully. She takes a step back and faces Jennie to see her reaction.

Jennie takes off the blindfold and blinks a few times trying to refocus her sight before looking around confused.

"On est où?" (Where are we?)

"Chez nous, plus exactement dans ton atelier de peinture." (Home, more exactly in your art room.)

"Quoi?" (What?) Jennie peers back at Lisa who is biting her lip and nods confirming the questioning look on Jennie's face.

Jennie breathes out a chuckle. She rushes to the window and takes a look outside and sees her car parked then looks back at Lisa stuttering, "On est où?" (Where are we?)