18 || cheol's caffeine driven courage

seungcheol felt like his heart was going to jump out of his chest, literally, and it wasn't because of all the caffeine he had that morning. okay maybe the caffeine was contributing just a little, but it wasn't like he could have went without the caffeine this morning. you try dealing with annoying clients wanting to drive you god knows where that early in the morning; you'd go mad without any caffeine in your system to keep you going as well.

anyways, back to seungcheol's heart which felt like it was going to give out any minute now. we should probably talk about why he felt such a way right? well it had nothing to do with the two cups of coffee in his hands. before you go criticizing poor seungcheol for having coffee for the third time in a day, look it was iced coffee this time. plus it was late at night and he needed some fuel to keep him awake. don't worry, as soon as he got home he planned on passing right out for forty eight hours straight after a day as eventful as his.

seungcheol's heart felt as weirdly as it did because his mind was racing, trying to find out what was the best course of action to take when asking joshua out. okay it wasn't really asking him out, I mean he was just going to ask him to go to a party with him as a friend. the more seungcheol thought about it though the more pressure he felt. I mean he was basically asking joshua out, if it was as a friend or not. being rejected was a big possibility and seungcheol was scared.

not only was he scared of that, but he was scared joshua would be weirded out by the idea or worse; he was afraid of scaring joshua off. his mind went to very odd places when he was stressed. sure joshua was mostly likely going to say yes, seungcheol was just preparing himself for the worst outcomes in advance.

seungcheol carefully maneuvered the cups of coffee in his hands so that they wouldn't spill when he used his back to open the door to jihoon's recording studio.

he sighed in relief when he realized that jihoon wasn't present. he didn't want to admit it, but the short producer was very scary when he wanted to be which didn't help because jihoon always wanted to be the most terrifying little piece of shit he could be. it also didn't help that jihoon hated to be disturbed during what he called his "musical process", but hey at least it wasn't personal (or at least seungcheol hoped it wasn't).

then seungcheol caught sight of joshua inside the recording booth, practicing his lines over and over again. the audio to the booth was off so he couldn't hear him, but seungcheol didn't really need to hear joshua to know he sounded beautiful. the brunet continued to watch the singer for a few more seconds before the pink haired male realized that seungcheol was there. they both made eye contact, with joshua giving seungcheol a friendly smile and wave that almost made the brunet spill the iced coffee all over him.

but seungcheol played that shit off, like a professional. seungcheol gripped the two cups in his hands tightly as he approached the booth, grinning nervously as joshua took off his headphones and helped him opened the door.

"thanks." seungcheol nodded. he stared awkwardly at joshua until he remembered he brought coffee for the pink haired singer. he handed it to joshua, which caused for an excited "thank you" from the younger college student before joshua began to take small sips from the coffee cup. "how's the song going?"

"it's going well for now. jihoon only made me rerecord my verse twice so far, so I'd say we're off to a good start." joshua walked over to where he was standing before. there stood a music stand holding papers with what seungcheol assumed contained the lyrics to the song joshua was singing this time. behind the stand was a set of chairs, conveniently two, where the pair sat to talk. "but he got called in to help someone else, so I'm waiting for him to come back."

"so you're technically free now?" joshua nodded as he gazed towards seungcheol. the brunet rubbed the back of his head after placing down his coffee up on the floor beside him. "I guess now would be an appropriate time then to ask if you wanted to come to a party with me this friday?"