19 || just a little meet and greet

"hey uber dude, what's up?" seungcheol was loudly greeted at the door by joshua's roommate, vernon. the brunet frowned at vernon as the younger male let him in and shut the door behind him. vernon went right to sit back down on the couch where he had his mini workspace set up while seungcheol briefly took in his new surroundings. it was very clean, that was one thing that stood out immediately to him, not that he thought joshua was a messy person.

"vernon, my name is seungcheol. we've met multiple times now." the brunet sighed as he sat down next to vernon on the brown couch.

"your name may be seungcheol, but you'll always be uber dude to me." vernon gave seungcheol a quick, bright smile before turning his attention back to his work. he scrolled through what seemed to be a list on his laptop screen with the mousepad, since he lost the mouse weeks ago. seungcheol watched quietly. that was when vernon suddenly snapped his fingers and abruptly turned to stare at seungcheol with his eyebrows raised. "right! josh said he'll be ready in a few."

"I figured that, but thanks vernon." seungcheol smiled politely at the younger male who gave a small nod of affirmation. vernon went right back to his work. he was very diligent, seungcheol observed, and it was kind of inspiring. "by the way, could I use your bathroom?"

"it's the first door on the right." vernon replied, not looking up from his laptop. seungcheol didn't mind though. he wasn't there to distract vernon and plus, he did have to pee really badly. he always had to pee when he got really nervous, which is why he always made sure to use the bathroom as soon as he got the urge to.

seungcheol sighed out of relief after using the bathroom. he rubbed his hands together, smiling after remembering how good the smell of the apple-scented soap in the bathroom was. he had to remember to buy some for his own apartment.

seungcheol then lingered around the hallway outside the bathroom, observing the picture frames on the walls. they were mostly of art so seungcheol made a note to ask joshua layer on if he was an art connoisseur. there was one though that stuck out among the hanging frames. it was a picture of a younger vernon and joshua, which made seungcheol realize that vernon was to joshua what jeonghan was to him.

as he progressed down the hallway, seungcheol noticed that there were two doors at the end of it. one was left ajar so that seungcheol could barely peek into it. there he saw clothes on the floor and what he could make out to be a disorganized bed that wasn't made. it was most likely vernon's room. seungcheol wondered if joshua knew about the state of his roommate's room. if it were soonyoung, seungcheol would be drawn to just clean it up for him. luckily soonyoung had wonwoo to help him with that anyways.

"you know it's rude to snoop around someone else's house." seungcheol heard joshua before he saw him.

"it's also rude to keep someone waiting, but you know all about that-" seungcheol turned around with a smile that fell apart right at the sight of joshua. the pink haired male was wearing black jeans coupled with a navy blue shirt and a leather jacket. it was so simple, and yet seungcheol found that he couldn't really control himself. "woah."

"take a picture cheol, it'll last longer." joshua laughed at the brunet's reaction, hiding the part of him that was actually flattered in favor of playing it off as a joke. he admired the way seungcheol took a double-take of his entire ensemble before realizing what he was doing and blushing.

"I'm sorry," seungcheol clawed at the collar of his graphic t-shirt. he wore it because it was his favorite shirt, but somehow standing next to joshua made him feel underdressed. standing next to someone that pretty makes you second guess yourself like that. "it's just you look stunning."

"seungcheol it's okay. you don't have to apologize for being honest." joshua smiled confidently, making seungcheol scoff. "I'm only joking, thank you cheol."