15 || that's what best friends are for

seungcheol clutched the silver doorknob to jeonghan's apartment, twisting it to the left before feeling it resist against his force. jeonghan wasn't home. when the blond usually was home he left the door open so that seungcheol could easily get in and out of his apartment. luckily there was an easy solution to this problem and it laid right under the small carpet in front of jeonghan's apartment door.

leaning down, seungcheol lifted up the small red carpet to pick the small bronze key hiding under it. it was with that key that he opened the apartment door and made himself feel right at home in jeonghan's apartment.

seungcheol leaned over to flick the apartment lights on and took an overview of the mess before him. jeonghan wasn't the messiest person, but at the same time he wasn't as tidy as he could be. seungcheol let out a small chuckle before rolling up his sleeves and getting to work. he was already in the apartment so he saw no trouble with fixing the place up before jeonghan got home.

first seungcheol tackled the messy coach, picking up the cushions on the floor and arranging them appropriately. next he found himself in the kitchen sorting out the empty beer bottles on the counters. the brunet filled them with water to rinse them before placing them one by one into the blue recycling bin near the garbage.

once he was done tending to these small messes, seungcheol cleaned his hands and then pulled his shirt sleeves down as he made his way down the hall towards jeonghan's bedroom.

it wasn't a foreign place for seungcheol to be in; the brunet had been in jeonghan's room many times before, in fact he had even shared the bed with jeonghan after having been out drinking all night when they used to go out more often. now jeonghan rarely went out with seungcheol on account of seungcheol being too busy with his job.

seungcheol took a small survey of the blond's room. it looked exactly as seungcheol last remembered it, being very simplistic and bland. seungcheol was the type to hang posters of his favorite bands on his walls where jeonghan wasn't really materialistic. all the blond really needed was his bed and a closet for his clothes, and he had just those things and a small dresser in his room.

even the small picture frames on top of jeonghan's dresser remained the same from the last time seungcheol was in the blond's room. there was one large picture from the time their entire friend group went camping last year, which reminded seungcheol that they definitely needed to go out on a group trip like that again sometime soon.

maybe he would even invite joshua when they decide to go. joshua definitely seemed like the type of person to be willing to try new things like exploring the wilderness. he could just imagine joshua dressed up in camping gear being the one to drag him on a mountain hike, and how he'd go along willingly because joshua was the one telling him to go.

seungcheol sighed before panning over to the next frame, which encased a photograph of younger versions of him and jeonghan in matching purple t-shirts and smiles. elementary school with jeonghan had been a blast, but that day in particular was special to the pair as it was the day their team had emerged victorious in the relay races for the school field day.

the last frame encased a photo seungcheol was surprised to see, being that it was an image of jeonghan and his ex hugging. jeonghan could barely mention or hear the name mingyu without losing his temper, which was why most of their friends walked on eggshells around the blond, yet here sat a picture of the young puppy-like student sitting beside jeonghan's bed. how ironic.

"why am I not surprised you're here?" jeonghan let out a light laugh as seungcheol jumped at his sudden intrusion. the brunet was easily frightened by the smallest things. "thanks for cleaning the apartment by the way."