03 || drunken talks pt1

tw; mentions of drinking

a week later and seungcheol found himself in the same position, driving around and waiting for someone to book his car for car for a drive. he hated having to drive around in anticipation for another customer mostly because it was really boring and it wasted his gas. luckily for seungcheol, he didn't have to wait too long before getting a request for a pick-up.

the brunet drove his car to the corner where the woman who requested him was waiting which was fortunately not too far from where seungcheol was now. after a short drive that took about five minutes, seungcheol parked his car right in front of the woman's location. seungcheol glanced over to see if the woman matched her uber profile, and she did. it was an older looking woman, she looked to be around her forties, accompanied by a taller male who was carrying her bags.

the pair looked to the license plate of seungcheol's car to check if it was the right uber (please do that, it's really important to make sure you're getting in the right car). when they confirmed that it was indeed the correct vehicle, they both stepped into the uber. seungcheol looked to his phone to check the route to their destination while letting his passengers adjust to the car as they buckled in their seatbelts.

it wasn't long before seungcheol set off on the road, driving as smoothly as he could so that the pair in the back of the car could have a comfortable ride. honestly driving people around everyday was quiet boring and seungcheol struggled to find ways to entertain himself. he tried listening to music while driving before but it proved to be a bad idea when a customer had complained that seungcheol was not "attentive and alert" while driving.

every bad review added up and seungcheol wanted very much to avoid bad reviews so that he was seen as a trustworthy driver. although anyone watching him now would agree that he wasn't being very trustworthy at all because the brunet was now eavesdropping on the pair's conversation as a way to occupy himself and avoid death by boredom.

"you really should reconsider joining the family business. your brother hesitated at first and look at him now, he's the head of his own department." the older woman gleamed with pride while talking about her eldest son. the woman turned to her youngest, who was sitting in the backseat next to her, to see if he was paying any attention to what she was saying at all.

"I told you and dad before, I want to go out and do my own thing. I really want to go into journalism, maybe even have my own book one day." the high school senior spoke very seriously. he wanted to get his message across to his mother in the most serious way possible so that she wouldn't take him or his dreams for granted. both her and his father had already questioned his plans after graduation before, now was his chance to voice out his opinions in a calm and collected manner where he didn't feel cornered by both of his parents. 

"and when you fail in doing that what's next? you'll be reduced to scavenging for jobs at mcdonald's or wendy's!" the mother looked sternly to her child, unsatisified with his plans. she wanted to best for her son and clearly thought that what she wanted was what was best for him. "don't you think the young man driving us had dreams like yours too? look at him now, driving people around for a living! you need to make a name for yourself-"

and that was where seungcheol forced himself to stop listening. it was bad enough that the mother and son were describing the situation seungcheol found himself in (switch journalism for rapping) but the woman had no business in bringing up him in the conversation.

of course seungcheol knew that being an uber driver wasn't the perfect job, but he was only sticking to it until he got his musical breakthrough. the brunet wasn't even angered by the way the old woman insulted him right to his face, he was more upset then insulted. this was because she ended up reminding seungcheol why exactly he despised being an uber driver; he had way bigger dreams and ambitions and yet he was stuck in place as a driver.