23 || seungcheol roleplays as tarzan

jeonghan sighed at the sight of himself in the mirror of the coffee shop's restroom, staring longingly at his coffee stained t-shirt. the blonde could barely recognize himself nowadays. the dark circles under his eyes aged him and the frown lines on his forehead seemed more prominent than he remembered, but what stood out the most was the lack of a smile on his face. he missed being happy. jeonghan missed having a reason to smile. mingyu used to be that reason.

mingyu looked like he was doing well. jeonghan got a nice look at him after the clumsy man bumped into him, literally. at least that hadn't changed. and jeonghan noticed the man mingyu was with. he was pale skinned, but had a bright aura to him. that's probably why mingyu was with that man. jeonghan could never be bright enough for mingyu, in fact he knew for sure that he was never good enough for mingyu.

he remembered the day they had met so long ago, at the beach during spring break of mingyu's freshman year of college. jeonghan remembered walking with seungcheol towards the shoreline spontaneously after eating lunch on the boardwalk. he remembered the way a volleyball came flying in his direction, hitting him on the head with a loud thud before its owner, mingyu, came rushing after it with a flurry of apologies. jeonghan also remembered the way mingyu invited them to play volleyball with them, the way mingyu smiled at him warmly, and the way mingyu stuttered nervously after asking for his number as the sun set that same evening. where did things go wrong?

jeonghan shuddered. how long had he been standing in the restroom, replaying his history with mingyu over and over in his head? he needed to stop reminiscing over their relationship. jeonghan knew he did. he knew that he needed to stop using one-night stands and alcohol to fill the void in his soul. all his friends knew it too, and yet they were all too nice to tell jeonghan what he needed to hear. he needed to move on, except how is one exactly meant to do that?

jeonghan snapped himself out of his trance, staring once more at his coffee stained shirt. he needed to stop and move on. inhaling deeply, jeonghan discarded his stained shirt from his torso, throwing it onto the counter of the restroom sink before putting on the polo uniform the barista had handed him. he adjusted the polo uniform before picking up his stained shirt and folding it. with one last glance at himself in the mirror, jeonghan exited the restroom to find the brown haired barister eagerly waiting for him beside the door.

"thank you." jeonghan smiled at the barista. the corners of his mouth silently cried out in pain as he stretched them. all jeonghan really wanted was to go home, somewhere where he was safe to let out his cries out loud.

"no problem. I know exactly what it feels like to have coffee spilt on you. I mean obviously, I'm a barista, but truth be told I'm not a really good barista." the barista awkwardly scratched the back of his head. seconds later he extended his right arm out to jeonghan and smiled. "I'm seokmin by the way."

"I'm jeonghan." the blonde replied, shaking seokmin's hand firmly.

•••

where are we going?" joshua questioned as he peered over at seungcheol. seungcheol couldn't help but smile at the sudden eye contact they made with each other. something about being around joshua just brightened his day, so when joshua had texted seungcheol that morning saying his classes were cancelled and that he was free to hang out seungcheol was ecstatic.

"I don't know, it's up to you remember?"seungcheol watched as the gears in joshua's brain started to turn slowly. the pink haired male raised an eyebrow at seungcheol as to ask what exactly it was that he meant. "I told you I wanted to get to know you, so let's do whatever you want. I'll go along with whatever you choose to do or wherever you choose to go."