22 || pretty smiles and spilt coffee

weekends were usually quite lonesome for a guy like jeonghan. typically he spent his weekends drinking alone, or well picking up people at bars to fill the empty space in his bed at night. this time though jeonghan longed for more than just intimacy; he needed a friend, and not just any friend.

him and seungcheol had this tradition. they had this open door policy where no matter what, they could crash on the other's couch and together they'd drown out their sorrows with old sitcoms and lots of snacks. sure jeonghan felt bloated afterwards, but hell it was worth it because the morning after waking up next to seungcheol, unsure of when they'd even manage to fall asleep in each other's arms was always a joyous moment for jeonghan. in a life of misfortune and sorrow, those moments always reminded him that he was lucky to have a person like seungcheol.

that was why this saturday, instead of heading to god knows where, jeonghan entered seungcheol's apartment with his key. he looked around for a bit, noticing a few new trinkets like a small lamp on seungcheol's coffee table or the fact that his apartment overall just seemed so much cleaner.

"hey jeonghan, what's up?" jeonghan turned to find wonwoo sitting in the kitchen, looking more bored than usual. the bespectacled male set his phone down on the kitchen counter and smiled when jeonghan joined him. it seemed as if wonwoo had been sitting there for a short while, which wasn't an uncommon sight for jeonghan. after all it was the weekend, and usually wonwoo and soonyoung chose weekends to do their weekly date nights. jeonghan heard all about these nights from soonyoung after they occurred, and the blonde had to admit that he was jealous of the couple's bond. a part of him missed the whole dating experience. the other part of him relished in the joy that came with not having to deal with all that drama.

"nothing, just looking for cheol. waiting for soonyoung again?" jeonghan asked, though he already knew what the answer would be.

"yeah, he said he'd be out in a minute." wonwoo nodded as he shifted in his seat awkwardly. wonwoo wasn't as close to jeonghan as seungcheol was, so conversation with jeonghan didn't occur naturally to him. nonetheless, wonwoo still made an effort. "soonyoung seems down lately, so I thought it'd be nice to cheer him up. there's a small street festival nearby."

wonwoo glanced over to jeonghan. there was something in his lingering gaze that asked for approval from the blonde. jeonghan chuckled in response as he remembered that soonyoung had once told him that sometimes wonwoo felt insecure about their relationship. from the outside it seemed like soonyoung was the overly affectionate one, while wonwoo was the insensitive, nonchalant partner. clearly wonwoo wanted to change that narrative.

"I think that sounds like an amazing idea, but knowing him he'd love to go anywhere as long as it's with you." jeonghan peered over to see wonwoo's reaction. the blonde beamed mischievously as he caught wonwoo fumbling with the sleeves of his long sleeved shirt, looking down to hide the light pink blush that was caked onto his cheekbones. 

"pft shut up." wonwoo mumbled, trying to avert attention from himself. it was good timing too since soonyoung made his appearance in the kitchen shortly after dressed in black ripped jeans and one of the flannels that wonwoo had left behind after one of his many sleepovers in soonyoung's room. it was so simple, so much so that wonwoo began to question why it took his boyfriend nearly an hour to put on jeans, and yet wonwoo couldn't help but be in awe of soonyoung. "ready to go?"

"yup, lead the way my shining knight!" soonyoung attached himself to wonwoo as he stood up, snaking his arm around wonwoo's arm before giving his boyfriend a kiss on the cheek. the two were in their own world, barely noticing the way jeonghan looked at them with great envy.

"you're so lame, I hope you know that." wonwoo complained. in response, soonyoung only hummed lovingly. he knew that behind wonwoo's words of venom was love, and a whole lot of it. before the couple left though, wonwoo raised his eyebrows and turned back to the kitchen. "see you later jeonghan, and thanks I guess."