Ch. 4 - Investigation

My hope of waking up in my condo failed me. I'm still here. Bumangon na ako sa pagkakahiga at tinignan ang mukha ko sa salamin. I'm still me. Does it mean that Maeve and I have the same face?

//knock-knock//

Napatingin ako sa may pintuan ng may marinig akong kumatok. May pumasok na maid at mukhang nagulat siyang gising na ako.

"Good morning, Lady Maeve. My name is Erica, and I'll be attending to all your needs while staying here", pagpapakilala niya. "Please have a seat my lady. I'll help you wash your face", ani niya sabay inilapag yung basin na dala niya.

I just went with the flow. Erica helped me wash my face, hands, and feet. Helped me get dressed and fix my hair. What the hell is going on?

Pagkatapos ako ayusan ay may kumatok ulit at pumasok yung butler ng Glover family. "Good morning, Lady Maeve. I'm Harvey, and I'm a butler for the Glover family. I hope you had a great sleep last night", what great sleep?

"I'm just here to inform you that the investigation team will arrive later. They will most likely ask you some questions, so for the time being, please have a rest and take your time. Just tell Erica everything you need".

"Thank you, Harvey".

"It's my pleasure, my lady. Then I shall leave you", ani niya sabay labas ng room. "Please ring the bell if you need something, my lady. I'll be outside", ani naman ni Erica.

Tumango nalang ako bilang sagot. Ngayon mag-isa na lang ulit ako. Ibinagsak ko yung sarili ko sa may higaan. What the hell am I supposed to do? How can I go back? I don't even have an idea of how I ended up here?

And why did I become Maeve so suddenly? Was it because I mocked her character? Bullshit!

//knock-knock//

"My lady, the investigator arrived. They are currently waiting in the drawing room", ani nung kumatok. Ughh... so tiresome.

Just like Aunt Michelle said, she requested an open investigation and got an approval right away. However, I didn't expect that Lord Emmett would be the one conducting the investigation.

Emmett Gallagher. He is one of the male protagonists. The Marquis of the Gallagher line and is currently engaged to Eliana, one of Maeve's step-sisters. He was also the first commander of the White Knights, an elite knightly order of the imperial palace.

And from what I read in the script, even though he is engaged to Maeve's step-sister, he often shows interest in Maeve. This results in Maeve being bullied by the ugly step-sisters. Ughh... this is too annoying.

Pagkarating ko sa may drawing room. Nadatnan ko doon si Marquis Emmett at si Aunt Michelle.

"Ah! Maeve's here!", Aunt Michelle.

"Good day, Aunt Michelle and Marquis Gallagher", pagbati kom sakanila. Why am I being so courteous? It's so not me! But since the investigation needs to be finished, I'll act as kindly as possible as the original Maeve. Hopefully...