Ch. 14 - Annoying Male Leads

To be honest, I was surprised by his question. It's so bizarre to ask who I am, though he might noticed something.

Tumingin ako sa mga mata ni High Priest at napangiti. "That's an interesting question, High Priest. I wonder, who really am I?", I asked sarcastically.

"I didn't mean to offend you, it's just that...", hindi niya natapos yung sinasabi niya dahil sa napatawa ako sa naging reaction niya.

"I'm just kidding, High Priest. You don't have to worry. I wasn't offended or anything. Though I'm curious. What made you ask for my identification?".

"This is only known inside the church, but I also have the ability to see a person's aura", he answered. Napakunot noo naman ako sa sinabi at inalala kung may nabasa ba akong ganitong ability niya doon sa script.

"Aura?", I don't remember anything like this in the script. Or baka nakatulugan ko yung part na ito.

"An aura is like a luminous energy that surrounds our body. By seeing this, I can identify a person's personality and emotions. For example, the people inside the church, like the Pope, have a bright white aura. It's pure", pag-eexplain niya.

"I have seen a lot of different auras before, even the darkest ones. However, when I first saw you and your aura, I was taken aback. I was also surprised when you were the saintess in this era".

"Hmm? Why? What's the color of my aura?"

"I'm not really sure. This is the first time I saw a person without one", huh?

"What do you mean?"

"It's unclear. I can't seem to see your aura".

"And that's why you are asking for my identity. You are suspicious of me", I just smirked of that thought.

The fact that he is unable to see my aura is proof that I am not the real Maeve Woodard or that I am not from this world. But there is no way I'm telling him this. 

"That is a mystery... or maybe I just really don't have one".

"Maybe...or it could be you are hiding something", seryosong pagkakasabi niya.

Napangiti nalang ako sa sinabi. This is why I don't like it here.

"Who knows? What could it be I'm hiding? Let's finish our talk here, High Priest. I'll visit soon", or not!

Hinatid ako ulit ni High Priest Nolan pabalik sa carriage ko. Pagkaupo ko ay may pahabol pa siyang sinabi.

"By the way, Saintess, about the story of my name. Only the pope and I knew this. I don't know who told you this or how you know about it, but that just increases my suspicion of you. I don't know who you really are, but I'll be watching, in the name of the holy Ereus", pagsabi niya nun ay umandar na yung carriage.