CH. 7 - Annoyed Heroine

"Kyaah!! The countess has been poisoned", the maid who prepared the tea screamed as she saw the countess vomit some blood and lose consciousness. 

Arvin, who was nearby and heard the scream, quickly ran inside the office. As soon as he saw Freya's condition, he immediately called the family donor. They quickly moved the countess's body to her room. 

On the other hand, the stepmother, Eva, and her daughters were quietly celebrating when they heard a commotion. They visited Freya's room to check on her. They were all acting worried, but deep down they were happy. However, they were surprised when Marquis Emmett suddenly appeared. He went back to the Woodard estate as he forgot to inform Maeve about the incoming Noble's party at the palace.

"What in the world happened to her? She was just fine a while ago".

"Arvin, make sure no one will be able to go outside the Woodard estate. Call all the servants to the hall", he ordered. 

Marquis Gallagher started investigating the Woodard once again. He questioned every worker, as well as the stepmother and her two daughters. But as usual, they feign innocence as they were not aware of what happened. While the questioning was happening, the knights were searching every corner of the house. However, they were not able to find anything suspicious. 

The investigation has been going on for hours. The sun has already set, and the countess hasn't woken up yet, and her condition is getting worse. However, Eva is seen getting excited as the situation is in her favor. But that excitement suddenly vanished when Freya showed up in the hall, smirking. 

===========

//While Freya is unconscious//

That son of a gun poison! Saan ba nila nakuha yun at ang sakit ng mga organs ko sa loob. Feeling ko sumabog mga laman-loob ko. So, what made me drink that tea even though there was poison in it? Of course, that is to get rid of those eyesores. I already knew that they were planning to kill me. 

Kailangan ko lang ng dahilan para mapaalis sila dito. Yes, it was a dangerous plan but I'm sure as hell that Maeve has divine powers. She can heal herself. Hindi ko naman isa-sacrifice yung sarili ko kung wala akong ability na ganun. The minute that those three were quiet, I already ordered Arvin to keep an eye on those these.

"Wakey... wakey...", napakunot noo ako ng may marinig akong bumubulong saakin.

"Wake up, you faulty soul", agad akong napabangon ng may sumigaw sa tenga ko.

"WHAT THE F*CK?!"

"Oohh, cranky are we?", ani nung lalaking hindi ko kilala. Napatingin ako sa paligid ko dahil sa hindi ito pamilyar saakin.

"Where am I? And who the f*ck are you?", napansin kong nasa white na bed ako at hindi lang yung, puro puti din yung mga nakikita ko. Saan nanaman ba ako napadpad? "Wait, did I die?", baka mamaya nasa heaven na pala ako.