Ch. 17 - Elliott's POV Part I

Regardless of common birth, I, Elliot Bradley, became the current master of the strongest and richest magic tower in the Istiseon Empire. Learning strong magic spells at an early age hailed me as a genius kid. Because of this, a lot of noble families, even the royal family, wanted me to serve them.

But since I hated all nobility and getting known, I distanced myself from all people and built my own tower. But then, all these annoying self-proclaimed magicians came to my exclusive tower, telling me to teach them magic.

I took some of them, taught them, and worked their ass off until our tower became so well known and powerful that even the royalty didn't think of getting rid. Instead, they offered a pact that we would stay as an independent tower in exchange for some of our magic artifacts and services.

And now, I am trying to get by in this tedious life. Nothing is interesting. It's like everything is so stupid. Everyone looks like a stone. Uselessly lying on the ground.

"Ugh, so f*cking bored."

"Master Elliot, the information guild asks for your presence." And look, a pebble just rolled in. (Ben is Elliot's assistant and also a magician.)

"What is it this time?"

"It's the scheduled maintenance of the Information Guild's communication orb."

"So?"

"It's the sixth time you skipped maintenance! Master?" I just looked at him and waited for whatever he was about to spout. "PLEASE, I'M BEGGING YOU. YOU NEED TO GO THIS TIME."

Why is this stone groveling? "You look pathetic, Ben."

"And whose fault is that?"

"Mainly, yours."

"Acckk! You're going to be the death of me. Master, you have to go this time, or else the information guild will sell your most hidden information."

"Hmm? Would that be a big problem?"

"Of course, it is! If the public learns about your experiment, they will kill you."

"Then, is it better to silence them now?"

"Master... hic..hic...""Fine. Fine. Fine. Quit crying. You really look like the most pathetic man alive."

"Finally! Please wait a while, master. I will draw a map to the infor-- Master? Huh? He's gone. You left the map, master. WHY WOULD YOU LEAVE THE MAP WHEN YOU SUCK AT DIRECTIONS?"

I quickly got my robe and teleported myself to the middle of the capital city. So, where is the information guild again?

"Ah! I should just teleport myself to that rundown guild."