Crazy Dyed Dares

TW: SMOKING, UNDER-AGE DRINKING.

"It's not my fault that Sirius is known for breaking the heart of any girl he sees!" Clara fumed upon James questioning what the fight between them was about.

"I didn't know that was the problem, all right?" James held his hands up in defense. "I only asked!"

"Sorry," Clara massaged her temples.

Clara and James were sitting on a couch in the Gryffindor Common Room. Beside Clara, Remus was looking over his Transfiguration essay. On the couch in front of them, Sirius was glaring madly at Clara. And Peter, well, Peter was nowhere to be found; which happened quite a lot during that year.

"So, what's going on between you two - and I'm not asking who's fault it is, mind you." James added the last part of his sentence quickly. Afraid that Clara would lash out again.

"I only told Jessica that Sirius was a total player and would break her heart. Like he's done to every other girl that he's dated." Clara replied simply, smirking at her response.

Sirius made himself look as though he couldn't hear James and Clara's little conversation. But in reality, he was listening to every little syllable.

"Ain't that right, Black?" Clara turned to Sirius, wiggling her eyebrows playfully. "I know you've been listening. Haven't you understood that I know everything by now?"

"Drop it, Clara." Remus warned with a side glance. "Please do not start a fight right now,"

"Fine." Clara grumbled, holding a book up to her face.

Sirius kept glaring until Clara covered her face with a book. At which time, Sirius turned to speak with Frank.

"When's our next Hogsmeade trip?" Clara asked James.

"I think it's this Saturday," James pondered, scratching the back of his head.

Clara made an 'O' sound. "Are you going to ask Lily out? We already know she fancies you!"

James shrugged. "I mean, yeah, probably." He said glumly.

"What's got you down in the dirt, huh?" Clara raised an eyebrow. James just shook his head. "Well, the girls and I are planning to buy some material to make our dresses,"

"Why would you need dresses?" James questioned.

"The party at the end of the year, Prongs," Remus answered before Clara could. "You're going to ask Lily to that too. At least you said you were going to,"

"I did?" James put his hand over his heart. "I think I have alzheimer's disease!"

Clara burst out laughing, and Remus frowned slightly.

"You don't, James. We've all been very busy with our N.E.W.Ts," said Remus, putting down his essay, and correcting a word he misspelled with his quill.

"Maybe that's just the case then, thanks, Moony." James sighed in relief. "Should I get her flowers?" He asked Clara, taking a book out of his bag.

"Get her lilies, and make sure they're neat!" Clara instructed. "Lily doesn't like chocolate much, but she likes the candies that melt in your mouth. Also, nothing red or pink, it'll clash with her hair!"

"But red is pretty, like her!" James complained.

"True. But she has red hair. She likes yellow, so if you're going to get her anything that requires color, make it yellow!" Clara began scribbling on a paper.

"So the lilies should be purple? Or yellow. And yellow candies? - Are you writing all this down for me?" James watched as Clara scribbled down everything she had told him.