Seven

𝙒𝙞𝙡𝙝𝙚𝙡𝙢-
The maths lesson was extremely mundane, and my attention span was awful. I could barely keep my eyes open, due to the fact I hadn't slept much the last couple days. Everything with Simon coming back to Hillerska, and him finding out the truth, was completely heart-rending and agonising. I wasn't sure how much I could take, but luckily maths was the last lesson of the day.

𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙩𝙝𝙖𝙣𝙠 𝙛*𝙘𝙠

I occasionally glimpsed at Simon throughout the lesson. I kept telling myself to stop before he noticed me, but it was a sort of instinct. To even get a glance and his voluminous curls, those enticing eyes, and paper sharp features. The face I once held in my bare palms, my eyes connected to his, our hearts, beating in a synced pulse.

***

"I'm sure the prince will be able to answer this challenging question. I assume it's in his genes"

I darted my eyes to the question on the board. I had no idea what I was supposed to do. I began to panic, my hands grew sweaty, the whole class continued focus on me.

"I'm sorry I don't know the answer"
I replied awkwardly

"No worries Wilhelm. I'm sure if you can't work out this question, it will be very tricky for anyone else to"

Simon put his hand up
"I know the answer"

"Are you sure, what did you get"

"345"

Mr Andersson immediately grabbed a whiteboard pen and started working out the question.

"That appears to be correct.
I'm assuming Henry helped you with this! Good job lad!" he beamed at Henry sitting on the table next to Simon and Sara.

"Actually Sir, I didn't help Simon, he worked it out himself" he corrected him.

"Alright" he quickly turned around and began writing another question.

***

As soon as the bell rang I quickly packed my stuff and dashed out of the room. Once I made my way back to my room, I dropped my bag onto the floor, and collapsed into the bed.

Finally, the day is over.

I rested there for a while, just listening to my thoughts, which I had been trying so hard to block out all day.

Simon helped me, even after everything I'd done.
He was there for me, when I needed him the most.. he was there.
It wasn't for long but the small time he comforted me, I'd felt safer than I had for ages.

***

I decided to get up, and to start packing my books for tomorrow, I went to the table to turn the lamp on, when I noticed a small letter on the table.

In black cursive writing was my name, and the letter decorated with glued red confetti. Curious, I opened the letter, to be met with even more colourful decorations, and sparkles, covering the paper. It took a while to get rid of the silver glitter, but it was worth it, as it made me smile. Whoever made this, really wanted the receiver to enjoy this letter.

I started reading the written words

Dᴇᴀʀ Wɪʟʜᴇʟᴍ,
Wᴇʟᴄᴏᴍᴇ ʙᴀᴄᴋ ᴛᴏ ᴀ ɴᴇᴡ ᴛᴇʀᴍ ᴀᴛ ʜɪʟʟᴇʀsᴋᴀ!
Tᴏ ᴄᴇʟᴇʙʀᴀᴛᴇ ᴀ ɴᴇᴡ ʏᴇᴀʀ, ᴀ ᴍᴀsǫᴜᴇʀᴀᴅᴇ ʙᴀʟʟ ᴡɪɪʟʟ ʙᴇ ʜᴏsᴛᴇᴅ ᴏɴ ᴛʜᴇ 6ᴛʜ ᴏғ Sᴇᴘᴛᴇᴍʙᴇʀ ᴀᴛ ᴛʜᴇ sᴘᴏʀᴛs ʜᴀʟʟ. ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴀsᴋs ᴡɪʟʟ ʙᴇ ɢɪᴠᴇɴ ᴏᴜᴛ ᴀᴛ ʙʀᴇᴀᴋғᴀsᴛ ᴏɴ ᴛʜᴇ 5ᴛʜ.
sᴇᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ
ғᴇʟɪᴄᴇ ᴀɴᴅ sᴀʀᴀ x