Sixteen

𝙒𝙞𝙡𝙝𝙚𝙡𝙢-
"Next weekend? Why are you doing this to me? I don't want this Mom"

"What you want is not the priority here Wilhelm. It is about the crown, status and our reputation. Being with Maja, will help us get back to where we once were. You have no choice, you are doing this, so you need to tell that friend of yours that whatever is going on between you both is over, as you have more important things to attend to. He will eventually see the news, and realise you have moved on".

I hung up, I couldn't take anymore.
I was supposed to go to the palace next weekend, to be told my future relationship, without any say whatsoever.
I quickly came back to reality and held off the thoughts that were flooding into my head. I turned my attention to Simon, who had heard everything.

I could see the look on his face, it was merely blank. He had been through so much that I'm guessing at this point, he's just expected this to happen.

He wasn't the only one. I did too, and I hated admitting it. I have always told him nothing would come between us, but it's a straight up lie. It breaks me to think about it, but there will always be someone who wants nothing more than to see us apart.

Mother would find another way of ruining the one thing I loved. The one thing I needed.

After everything, I was just supposed to tell Simon it's over? That I'm leaving him for a girl I don't even know and I'm dating her, just for my family's reputations?

We both knew that wasn't going to happen. At this point we just looked at each other in silence, both of us were too nervous to talk. I had to say something though, there is no way I'm leaving Simon and he has to know it.

"Simon I'm so sorry you had to hear that. I promise you I am never going to leave you. I love you too much, I hope you know that".

He reached his hands to mine, and softly cupped them into his. Even the little things like this caused rollercoaster-like sensations to whizz around in my stomach.

"Wilhelm you know how your mother is going to react. I don't want to lose you either, but knowing that you'll have to deal with all this sh*t kills me. You don't deserve this, we did nothing wrong.

"We didn't".

"What are you going to do?"

I thought about this for a second. I couldn't just not turn up to the palace, I'd have to go. The second I had time with Maja alone without Mom watching me like a obsessed hawk, I'd explain the whole story, and let her know that nothing was ever going to happen between us. I just hope she doesn't suck up to Mom, otherwise she will definitely tell her, and I will surely be dead.

"I will deal with it don't worry babe".
I really hope I could.

ᴀᴜᴛʜᴏʀs ɴᴏᴛᴇ:
Tʏsᴍ ғᴏʀ ᴀʟʟ ᴛʜᴇ sᴜᴘᴘᴏʀᴛ ᴀɴᴅ ᴄᴏᴍᴍᴇɴᴛs ɪᴛ ᴍᴇᴀɴs sᴍ <3 sᴏʀʀʏ ɪ ʜᴀᴠᴇɴ'ᴛ ʙᴇᴇɴ ᴜᴘʟᴏᴀᴅɪɴɢ ᴀs ᴍᴜᴄʜ ᴀs ʙᴇғᴏʀᴇ, ɪ'ᴠᴇ ʙᴇᴇɴ ǫᴜɪᴛᴇ ʙᴜsʏ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴇxᴀᴍs. ɪ'ʟʟ ʙᴇ ᴘᴏsᴛɪɴɢ ᴍᴏʀᴇ ғʀᴇǫᴜᴇɴᴛʟʏ ɴᴏᴡ- ᴀsʜ <3