Eight

𝙒𝙞𝙡𝙝𝙚𝙡𝙢-
I woke up to the beaming sun shining on my face though the window.
Before I could do anything I heard Malin calling my name

"I'd just like to remind Prince Wilhelm that breakfasts finishes in 5 minutes"

"Thank you Malin"

I quickly put on a blue hoodie, and grey joggers and made my way to the hall.

***
Once I made it to the hall, I immediately noticed a big cardboard box, decorated with the same colourful confetti that I got in my card.

The masks

The box was filled to the top with elegant masks of all colours. I gathered around the vast crowd of people, desperate to get their hands on them.

I could hear Felice trying to calm everyone down

"Glad to see so many people interested in attending the ball, but please line up so we can hand out the masks without as much commotion."

Immediately, everyone formed a long line next to the long table. Noticing the line rapidly getting longer, I quickly grabbed a piece of toast from the buffet table, and joined the line. I began to eat my bread as I listened to people talking about the ball, to try and get more info.

Nils was talking to Vincent:

"What type of suit are you wearing, I still haven't brought mine yet, but I'm probably going to wear a grey Notch Lapel. I'm hoping it will impress Maddison".

Vincent playfully rolled his eyes:
"But remember the masks? How will you even notice her?"

"Guess I'll just have to look for her"

"Desperate mf" Vincent elbowed him.

***

Quite a while had passed till I made it to the front of the line. It moved so incredibly slow, I'd heard a few debates people had with Felice, about their chosen colour running out".

Fredericka had been arguing with Felice for six minutes:

"I'm sorry Fredericka but we ran out of turquoise, but we have different shades of blue and green embroidered with a golden lace".

" Ah come on, at this point I give up arguing with you, I'll take the blue mask...thank you".

I heard Sara mumbling to Felice
"What's her problem?"

"She always needs her plan to stick to the way she wants it. If not, she gets worked up. It's been like that since I've known her.

Finally it was my turn and I was welcomed by bright smiles from the girls.

"Hello Wilhelm! It's great to see you're attending the ball" Felice greeted me.

oh f*ck

Wait I didn't realise I technically had to be attending the ball to revive a mask. I hadn't really decided if I even wanted to attend or not.

Now I didn't really have a choice, I just smiled and let Felice finish".

"What colour would you like".

"What is there to pick from"

"We've got a emerald green, rose gold, deep red, navy blue, and some shades of pink and orange".

"I'll have the blue one please"

She handed me the mask
"See you there!"

I nodded at both of them before I began to make my way out of the hall. However I stopped when I saw Simon in the corner of my eye, he was only a couple people behind me but I never noticed. The line was fairy short since we were some of the last people to join it. I quickly sat down at a table, to make it seem less obvious I was looking at him. It would've been pretty creepy if I was just standing in the middle of the hall starting at him.

Once it was his turn I payed close attention to the mask he picked.

I don't know why but I felt like I had to pay close attention to this.

I saw him say something to Sara and she handed him a dazzling emerald mask. It matched him perfectly. I was still staring at the mask in his hands when I felt eyes on me, I looked up and notice Simon staring at me

s*it busted.

I whipped my head back to my mask and once he had left, I rushed back to the dorm. The second I reached the room, I placed the mask on the lamp table and grabbed my books for the first lesson I had.

Chemistry

As I made my way to the class I thought of how I needed to prepare for the ball. Luckily being a prince I already knew how to dance, however in the environment I was forced in, I never really liked dancing.

I'll probably just talk to people and check out the food and drinks.

Next thing, a suit.

Mother made me take a few suits with me incase of any meetings, or situations where I'd need to wear a suit, so I'd pick out one after lessons.

***
authors note:
hey! im rlly sorry i haven't posted for a while. i was rdy to get back to writing, but i recently got covid so i havent been feeling the best, but im slowly getting better. being in isolation means i have more time to post now so i'll hopefully be posting more reguarly
tysm for 700 + reads, we r so close to 1k!
love you all and have a good day/night <33