Seventeen

𝙎𝙞𝙢𝙤𝙣-
This was it. Right after me and Wilhelm had gotten back together his stupid family found a way to f*ck it all up again. Why couldn't they just leave us alone?

Wilhelm and I sat in silence for a few minutes, we both knew what the other person was thinking. I could tell Wilhelm was trying to think of another master plan to please everyone, but that was basically impossible. It would end up in either me or his family getting hurt and even though I knew Wilhelm wanted to pick me over them, he was stuck with his family, he couldn't just run away.

***

After a while of just sitting in an uncomfortable silence, Wilhelm lightly squeezed my hand, and made his way downstairs, probably to get something to eat. I took this as my cue to leave, as I knew he wouldn't want to hurt my feelings by asking me to leave. I gathered myself and my things and made my way out of the dorm, to my own room.

Once I reached my room, I plonked everything on the floor, got into bed and pulled the covers right up to my chin. I'd already slept a lot, but I recently discovered that sleeping was somewhat of a coping method I had. I didn't have to be caught up in my thoughts and time would just fly away. Spending less time worrying about Wilhelm and what he was going to do, was exactly what I needed to do. So, I closed my eyes, and began drifting off to sleep once again.

***

𝙒𝙞𝙡𝙝𝙚𝙡𝙢-
I felt bad for leaving Simon by himself, but I knew we both needed time to think by ourselves. I knew exactly what he was thinking: that I was going to let him down again and to be honest, I don't blame him. I could have stopped all of this happening ages by just beating the hell out of August, the second I saw his f*cking face. However, I wasn't aware of all the sh*t he was going to do and to be honest I was completely oblivious to his lies. I thought he was one of the only people who cared about me, but now I've understood it was all part of his plan to get closer to my mum and the family, so he would get closer to getting the crown if everything were to happen to Father.

***
After I snuck into the kitchens and gotten a pear, I made my way back upstairs. In all honesty, I wasn't actually hungry, in fact I felt sick to my stomach of what I was going to have to deal with in the coming weeks.

As I got to my room, I was relieved to see Simon had gone. I was glad he'd understood my cue, cause it made things a lot easier for the both of us. Majority of the time all I wanted to do was be with Simon and in his presence, but at times like this, I had to be by myself to work out what I was going to do.

I didn't want to put Simon through all of this, he didn't deserve it. He deserves to be happy, and I was going to do everything I could do help him with that.

And the first thing I needed to do, was attend the meeting next week and talk to Maja.

She was a crucial part of the plan, so I really hope she was as good as Mother was stating her to be.